Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I was waiting for a dry foggy day to capture this autumn feeling.....
And no, it's not in Chernobyl zone.

And to my surprise photo came out slightly noisy and hazy to emphasize that feeling.

XZ2 stock camera app, just resized in GIMP

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Often it leads to a situation where I have chosen to ride a trail which fades away or just disappears suddenly. Then I still try to keep going even if there is no trail at all. Sometimes it goes just nicely and I manage to find another trail to follow, but often I end up walking and carrying my bike instead of riding it
Kind of a bike "portage", I guess.

And not so off-topic. It's a bicycle-themed photo contest, talking about bikes and biking while the entries come in isn't such a bad way to spend a few minutes of the day.

I tried to get a pic of the snow-covered bikes at the kids' school this week, but someone, possibly last month's portrait subject, kept photo-bombing. (A helmet full of snow hanging off a handlebar seemed like it'd be a neat subject.) But beautiful weather returns this weekend, so maybe something bike-related will appear before my lens.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
I use my bike for commuting - that is, 20km daily.
Mostly in winter also.
I'm not making it a competition - the ~10km take me just over 30min on a good day, 45 on a bad day.
That includes traffic breaks etc. of course.
In my own estim. that puts me somewhere between "casual" cyclists and full on crazy sports cycling. Which I'd never do btw, cycling is not a very wholesome type of movement for the body.
It is wholesome because one is outside, moving, breathing, and can actually enjoy getting from A to B.
That said I will take your saddle advice under consideration. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
I use my MTB for discovering new places (most of them are unique of nature like mountains, rocks, waterfalls etc.). This season was absolutely insane for me, many trips over 100 kilometres, some trips over 200 kilometres and my personal best one - 316 km per day (link to Strava: https://strava.app.link/nHuB3DWVG1). Total ride distance in this year: 5404 km...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
... and my personal best one - 316 km per day (link to Strava: https://strava.app.link/nHuB3DWVG1). ...
That is insane!

Not only the distance (duration) but at the same time the elevation! Even at my best times I am not sure whether I have always made that long ride...

We do have a one-day ride from my region to the north sea. That one is also 300km but more or less straight, on the road and kind of downhill (30m above sea level down to zero ) but I need to admit that this is too encouraging for me nowadays.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I was waiting for a dry foggy day to capture this autumn feeling.....
And no, it's not in Chernobyl zone.
https://i.postimg.cc/c4Bddc6d/DSC-1091-1.jpg

And to my surprise photo came out slightly noisy and hazy to emphasize that feeling.
I like the mood of that picture. You even thought about finding the right spot to lean the bike, in a patch of fallen leaves. Good one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Name:  bicycle_SamsungS7.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  95.6 KB

To color this page of interesting text with a picture..

Disc brakes nor advanced internal gears will get me off the often hand built, lugged, steel frame bikes I used to ride since the eighties.
Here's one from the time that a tripple front gear was still the latest and greatest thing to have if you wanted to climb fully packed.

Samsung S7 Edge dual sim version with regular Samsung camera application.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
After (causing) so much babbling, I guess I should make an on-topic contribution too.
So here's a photo of my folding bike from a recent tour. It was approximately one hour before dusk on a very cloudy, almost hazy day.

Since the N900 is my only camera that is legal within the terms of this thread, I took this photo with BlessN900 on default settings and only cropped and re-encoded it with Kolourpaint, to stay within the forum's attachment limits.
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Now that Fellfrosch was way quicker in doing the anticipated Sfos port review, the firsty that is left for me is to compete with a Pro1 picture

The picture is edited in Darktable.
I did some vertical trapezoid lense correction to straighten the wind turbines.
Some cropping and very slight base curve adjustion was done, but everything else is to be credited to the pro1s camera.
I tweeted the original so you can compare what i did (wrong).

Here you go

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
hydraulic rim brakes......... old-school......
I broke a few forks with those back in the days

regarding the photo, have to say that I was worried about pro1 camera. But then I saw original.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition