Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by linuxunux View Post
I just got a email from DX informing me customs denied shipping due to the batteries. They included a way to get a refund.
Good! Refund is the way to go when failing to deliver.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Wait, what? That's quite odd - I had helped others in the past receive from overseas the Nokia N9, batteries were not an issue then (upon release).

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Can confirm, they wont ship spare batteries anymore to finland for example either. They used to, but not anymore. Perhaps they have changed their courier company or sumtin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Is it me or those earbuds are the wrong kind for an N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to paolo_3_1415926 For This Useful Post:
I'd say try ordering one from AliExpress instead with the money from the refund, the reviews so far are all positive. They're refurbs, but who cares about that.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I'd say try ordering one from AliExpress instead with the money from the refund, the reviews so far are all positive. They're refurbs, but who cares about that.
Sounds like a plan...will report back.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to linuxunux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I just noticed they're also for sale on AliExpress, from a couple of trusted sellers. A lot cheaper, too (only €70 with free shipping!):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unloc...579084135.html
Would almost buy it directly, but wondering what I would really do with a N9. In what way is it better than a N900? I guess it will be gathering dust but would love to have it just for the history it has... Thinking aloud :P
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by linuxunux View Post
I just got a email from DX informing me customs denied shipping due to the batteries. They included a way to get a refund.
So, basically you financed them one month with your money. You never know what can be done with 120€ in China (cough...imagine one of those Hanjin green container full of...cough). I wonder how many orders they managed to get before people started asking questions. Because, only after you placed a ticket they showed up telling you the item is "fully shipped" (I wonder whether it is possible to "partially ship" a mobile phone). And after 3 weeks they tell you the customs isn't happy with batteries.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following User Says Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
So, basically you financed them one month with your money. You never know what can be done with 120€ in China (cough...imagine one of those Hanjin green container full of...cough). I wonder how many orders they managed to get before people started asking questions. Because, only after you placed a ticket they showed up telling you the item is "fully shipped" (I wonder whether it is possible to "partially ship" a mobile phone). And after 3 weeks they tell you the customs isn't happy with batteries.
DX is not a shady website (neither is Alibaba/AliExpress for that matter). linuxunux also never said anything about submitting a ticket.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
DX is not a shady website (neither is Alibaba/AliExpress for that matter). linuxunux also never said anything about submitting a ticket.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=16

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Would almost buy it directly, but wondering what I would really do with a N9. In what way is it better than a N900? I guess it will be gathering dust but would love to have it just for the history it has... Thinking aloud :P
The N9 is a magnicent device, different from the N900 but every bit as excellent. The hardware is slick, it has offline navigation and maps, the operating system is a joy to use (despite the rot introduced by Nokia)... I could go on, but my point is at least it would be a good complement to your N900. For example, together with MeeRun the N9 is perfect for outdoor activities.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paolo_3_1415926 For This Useful Post: