Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mike727 View Post
Any ideas what this means, any difference?
That's just how they filled in the form. The two batteries look identical to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Since the current Polarcells I bought are ending up sub 900mA/h (2-pack is at 1800) after 90 days I am going to try OEM Nokia BL-5Js and hopefully get around 2400-2600mA/h out of a double pack. As far as I am concerned the Polarcells for sale are either old or fake as evidenced by comments on this thread....
And still no Scuds around for sale, what a great battery, a lost magic similar to the brew used for the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Agreed that it is sad. I wonder if Polar cell simply rebrand batteries made elsewhere and have changed their original supplier? It is quite something to go from pack leader to rip-off. Not even 1350 mAh but 900. Sheesh !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
To be fair they were at around 1300mA/h new but that dropped away after three or four discharges and 900 is after three months.
I suspect they are the same cells which have sat on a shelf degrading internally as time passed.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
To be fair they were at around 1300mA/h new but that dropped away after three or four discharges and 900 is after three months.
I suspect they are the same cells which have sat on a shelf degrading internally as time passed.
Perhaps so. Still rip-off territory. My old Polarcell is calibrated still at ca. 12/1300MAh after 2.5 years.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Now there is the problem of finding what I think is currently the best battery. A genuine OEM BL-5J form Nokia. Everyone claims to sell a genuine Nokia battery, but where can one be safely purchased at a reasonable price. I even suspect the phone shops, as they have every incentive to sell fakes with the Nokia sticker.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Since im still using my N900 maybe i should make a new Thread about 2015 Battery tests.

EDIT: a quick ebay search shows many options still even in 2015, so should be enough to test.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Since im still using my N900 maybe i should make a new Thread about 2015 Battery tests.
This is a very important thread for everyone using a N900 as a data or video device, especially those who do not have the Mugen cover Double-cell mod. Contributing financially to the research means that we can all save quite a bit on batteries rather than buying an expensive series of duds. Maybe if everyone contributed the price of a battery, or contacted dr_frost_dk to had a cell in need of testing delivered to him for the new comparison chart. Remember contributing to a new battery comparison chart saves you money in the end.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I just callibrated my double Polarcell pack today, the 2x BL-5J pack is don to 980mA/h that is 490mA/h each on packs marked to be 1500mA/h each, that is after about six months of use.
I accept that there is no return to the amazing Scud, that technology is apparently lost to geek-kind but someone point me to a BL-5J battery which at least will keep a realistic 1000mA/h for a t least a year so I can build a double pack.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Recently bought a new battery for my N900 since it's still my daily runner, the last good original BL-5J started having issues and my old Polarcell dropped to 980mA.
Battery is Patona from Amazon, last measured discharge = 1537mA (usual bq27k stuff). I got through one day with no recharges, a thing that made me very happy.
Let's see now for how much time the battery will keep this performance...

Last edited by jurop88; 2016-07-10 at 05:26. Reason: typo, I'm not mother tongue speaker...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc