Active Topics

Notices

I'm just wondering what everyone's experience is here, I have only had my n900 for about 2-3 month now.

I have microB, Opera Mobile and Fennec 6 (from Ovi) installed.

I had pretty high hopes for fennec but I find that I don't touch it since every time I try to use it it brings my phone to a grinding halt.

When I want a quick browse I find I prefer using Opera and when I want websites to behave their 'desktop' way I find myself using microB.

(My phone is not overclocked for now, I am considering overclocking but since I believe the n900 to be an almost one of a kind (I don't like the n9/950) I really want this phone to last as long as possible so that maybe a worthy heir/usurper comes along....)

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I use microb.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Opera. I use microb if i want to open facebook's full website or any other website with flash in it.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-01-28 at 18:42.

MicroB is the one

Why don't you make a poll?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've tried all of them but Microb keeps winning out for one reason or another. Opera is also extremely good. I would like to use Chrome, but a current version isn't available.

MicroB.

btw if you don't like n950 would you mind selling it... err lending it to me, PM me if you're tired of it

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
90% Opera and 10% MicroB.

Have the same browsers installed, plus chromium and iceweasel (firefox) from Easy Debian.

I'm using Fennec 12 nightly which loads and works faster than older Versions.
Here is the thread if you want to give it a try: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81608

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
google browser via nitdroid 20 %
microb is kinda cool 40%
opera about 40 %
and its all great indeed .

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
MicroB.

btw if you don't like n950 would you mind selling it... err lending it to me, PM me if you're tired of it
I'm sorry I gave you the impression that I have an n950, I don't but it specs also make me not interested in making an effort to try and get a hold of one.

I may try fennec / ff mobile 12 or maybe even 8... with 6 it really feels to me as if they thought they were just building a desktop app.

I have been postponing installing easy debian, how smooth does that run?