Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Dude, stick to the topic please. The thread is for people who want to thank the Nokians - if you can't be sincere, or you don't agree, that 's fine. But some of us DO want to thanks the employees for the hard work they've done to create something fresh and exciting. Voice your commentary in another thread
Sorry!

The problem is that there is no don't thank you nokians thread!

I prefer to thank you the community contributes, nokians or not!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Not to forget all those opensource code Nokia gave us on meego.gitorious.org and qt.gitorious.org! Thanks a lot for opensource!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Everything has been mostly nice on these forums, and those M* devices have been a great resource for learning, tinkering, dreaming. These last few years have been a great time, and many interesting people have had a chance to meet. So, yes, thanks all, to Nokians (present and past) and to all the aficionados, who are still here or on other shores.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yet another troll who doesn't now what he is talking about.

Dave999 is now added to my ignorelist.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-18 at 16:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Sorry!

The problem is that there is no don't thank you nokians thread!

I prefer to thank you the community contributes, nokians or not!
No, you are the problem. If there is no thread for the topic you'd like, then create it and go stew there. But that would be a boring, lonely, angry party. You are sad.

I thank anyone who helped with the N800s, N900s & N9s. Just as I'd thank anyone who did a good job (even if I paid for it--like waiters, clerks, etc), because I'm not a d-bag.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
No, you are the problem. If there is no thread for the topic you'd like, then create it and go stew there. But that would be a boring, lonely, angry party. You are sad.

I thank anyone who helped with the N800s, N900s & N9s. Just as I'd thank anyone who did a good job (even if I paid for it--like waiters, clerks, etc), because I'm not a d-bag.
So just because I don't want to thank all people at Nokia working with maemo, I'm a d-bag?

No problem, to thank people for things, paid or un-paid, But randomly thanking people with unknown deeds to to me and without knowledge what they have done feels not serious to me.

So you can't handle people disagreeing with you. Must be hard

I have traveled alone in several threads lonely, angry and sad. But its has always been a real joy.

And I'm planning to be the last man standing at Maemo.org.

EDIT: Ignore posts you don't like or even better, add to ignore list.if you had done that, we wouldn't discuss this in the thread and my first post would have been enough to make my point.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-18 at 18:38.

And I'm planning to be the last man standing at Maemo.org.
Not if I can help it ....

I think you got a point though. It's not like Nokia has given away these gadgets for free. -but- it doesn't hurt to give those who have done the hard work a clap on the back. They have done a good job, and without them I wouldn't have had my N9, my N900 or my N800.

You know, it's a time for everything. IMO now is not the time for being a complete *******, even if you, from a technical point of view, are 100% "correct".

So all you Nokia maemo/maeego/harmattan workers: THANK YOOOOO

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Ignore the Trolls!

In case I don't get chance to say it in the future, thank you to all the far sighted people high and low at Nokia who believed in and delivered the Maemo Devices from the 770 to the N9. Amazing devices ahead of their time, who's potential was never fully realised.

It's been a great trip...

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
A big thank you to the maemo developers from me also. They did wonders even with the lackluster support from the company they were working for. First maemo suffered because of Symbian, and then because of Windows phone. Must be hard as even your own company doesn't see the greatness.

But greatness it is. And I'm thankful for a device I'll most likely be using for many years to come. There's nothing on the horizon that excites me at all like maemo even in it's aborted state.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I have traveled alone in several threads lonely, angry and sad. But its has always been a real joy..
I see--you enjoy being angry, lonely and said. Quite believable.

EDIT: Ignore posts you don't like.. .
If you had just taken your own advice in this thread....

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post: