So I changed my password for the website bloglines (I had logged into the iphone version i.bloglines.com before). Now it won't let me access the i.bloglines.com version (it keeps saying endless loop (I'm guessing they haven't setup a proper redirection system yet?).

So I want to delete that password so I can enter in my new one. But the only way I've seen to delete passwords is to wipe it all (which I don't want). Is there anyway to delete an individual password for a website?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
The only way that I've found is sign up as a different user at the website and save that password. Then go and resign in and the pop up for your password comes up and you can delete the entries.

hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Germany
Hi,
a possibility might be to directly edit the file /home/user/.mozilla/microb/passwords.s, which I presume is the place where user names and corresponding passwords are kept. I haven't tried it yet myself, so please create a backup upfront...
Best regards, Arnd

The Following User Says Thank You to arnd For This Useful Post:
Hmm thanks for the suggestions. I looked at the passwords.s file and it seems they're encrypted in some way (or obscured). But I figure if I delete the website, user, and password from that list then it'll reprompt me for a password next time I go there. I'll report back later (so if anyone else has a similar problem they can know what to do).

Edit: So I deleted it but it gave me the same error (had to delete cookies and it finally worked).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-07-07 at 02:18.

Really, password and cookie management should be among the first features to be implemented in any browser.

But I shouldn't criticize.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peet For This Useful Post:
I agree, I was amazed it wasn't part of the browser already.