Posts: 73 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Open your XML file in wordpad or any other wordprocessor you use and copy The outer most tag + all the data fot alteat one outgoing and one incoming sms message
you can replace the sms text with any info for privacy but leave the dates etc so I can see what format they are in.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I've been working on a N900 event importer/exporter for some time (the old csv script posted ion here loses too much info...like newlines!). The easiest way I suspect for you is to create a .nbu backup and then extract the VMG files from it. My recommendation is "nbuexplorer" for doing this.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I've been working on a N900 event importer/exporter for some time (the old csv script posted ion here loses too much info...like newlines!). The easiest way I suspect for you is to create a .nbu backup and then extract the VMG files from it. My recommendation is "nbuexplorer" for doing this.
Sounds interesting, how would this work?

Edit: I've downloaded the program and opened the backup, it has all my texts. So the next question is how would i get these to the SGS2? And would it keep the conversations threaded?

Last edited by richwhite; 2011-07-25 at 15:53.

bump (10 chars )

Most of the converters I've seen for other phones take the VMG files and convert them to whatever the new phone needs, in your case, XML. I'm adamant I've seen some in my travels that do just that...but can't remember for the life of me what they were.

Most of the converters I've seen for other phones take the VMG files and convert them to whatever the new phone needs, in your case, XML. I'm adamant I've seen some in my travels that do just that...but can't remember for the life of me what they were.
I can't find anything for the life of me. Starting to wonder if i'll just have to sacrifice them all :/

This no good?

This no good?
Doesn't appear to be, no, seems to only do Symbian. But i even put the N900 messages onto my old 5800 and tried it that way but still no luck

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Let me see if I can be of any use

Has anyone looked at exporting the database of texts and then importing them into Android?

See this thread

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Let me see if I can be of any use

Has anyone looked at exporting the database of texts and then importing them into Android?

See this thread
So in my case just backup conversations, then put that file onto the Android? Will Android read that format though?