i'm just totally lost
i have a n810
i am updated, i installed greasemonkey, maemo mapper, sweeper, and the gpe suite
otherwise right out of box, help please

The Following User Says Thank You to asqwasqw For This Useful Post:
Was there a question? What is it you need help with?

lol, sry, i was just really frustrated, i need to get the lib(insert something here) files, and the right ones for installing stuff
though i figure i'll probably just have to wait
i was asking for a link to the librarys and a tutorial on how to get them, cause some you cant get, or open or something

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Go to
http://www.gronmayer.com/it/
and on the right-hand side is a search box.

Enter the name of the library or file you need and when you find the repository that has it, click the "Click to install" icon to add that repository to your Application Manager.

That should resolve the dependencies that are preventing the application you want from installing.

(p.s. I and others have posted this several times before... try a search next time before starting a new thread. Thanks.)

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
sorry, i searched lib, and dependencies, but it came out to what was a mountain of results
i was frustrated, and a little angry that i couldnt find it, and i wasnt exactly in my right mind
thx alot
also please use the wiki, it would help tremendously for new users like me

Originally Posted by asqwasqw View Post
also please use the wiki, it would help tremendously for new users like me
Good timing on your comment, I added it just last night.
Application X won't install because it is missing some files.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
Alas, the process fails me.

I'm trying to install the Garnet VM on my Nokia 770 with 2006. Upon install it says it is missing hildon-libs0 (>= 0.12.24.-3)

I used the Nokia to browse http://www.gronmayer.com/it/ and it says it is in http://repository.maemo.org mistral | free non-free
I click on the green arrow CLICK TO INSTALL!, the application manager runs, but nothing seems to happen. Attempting to install Garnet VM gives the same error.

I can generally manage things in Ubuntu, but the Nokia is slightly different. Woe is me

I know nothing about OS2006, but can you look at the list of repository/catalogues in the App Manager and see if it added? And if the repository install failed, you should be able to add it manually from App Manager... just fill in the fields. There's Help in the newer App Managers, is there on yours?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
It added to the list of repositories just fine.

However, I managed to fix the problem by using Nokia Sofware Update Wizard. I could have sworn that I had the latest version of 2006, but I was wrong. Now I have 2006 v 3.2006.40-2.

After that, Garnet VM installed just fine and is working like a champ.

Thanks for your help.