Tried another obvious solution (on n950, didn't really want to risk my main phone) - to downgrade the swype libraries and data files (copied from pr 1.1).

Didn't help - it doesn't even load the swype keyboard anymore.

It might be only because n950 pr 1.1 didn't have swype at all, but I'm not willing to test whether the downgrade would work on n9.

We need a free/open source keyboard with prediction based on aspell (or other) dictionaries...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Any news about adding SWYPE on N9?

Thanks!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
is there a way to modify the libraries for a certain language? there are sooo many useless words in the german database :/

Hello again!

Any changes with Slovenian Swype after PR1.3?
On My N9 even Slovak doesn't work any more.

Thanks.
Milko

I've noticed you can upload new keyboards in www.mesinput.com which has an app letting you get them on your phone too. Would it be possible to upload the swype with other languages(bulgarian in my case there)? I'm asking because in order to do that...
"How to become a power user

So you don't want to be limited with the pre-defined 3x8 grid and you want to deliver keyboards matching the currently existing N9 designs?

The above is very much possible, but these so called "raw keyboard" submissions do require special permissions at the moment.

For obtaining power user status, please email one XML formatted keyboard you have designed to otso@mesinput.com. The XML format is documented here, Chapter 2, for examples see here."

I'm a little ignorant on things here so anyone that knows what what he is doing about wanna try?
EDIT:ahh nvm all that no way in hell it could work(just checked what that xml is)

Last edited by BananaOnDrugs; 2012-09-01 at 07:38.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I managed to get Bulgarian working on PR1.1, however in 1.2+ the file format is completely different and it doesn't work. I didn't try on 1.3 yet.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Llagostera (Catalonia)
so, we've been left high & dry by swype, as they stated in the swype official forums, and other dictionaries available for Android or Symbian are never coming "our" Harmattan preloaded version.

I'm just bumping this thread once more just in case someone has found or has any knowledge in hacking the existing dictonaries, or maybe use other OS dictionary swype files and use them on N9.

so, does anyone know if there's any hope for us minority-language speakers to get swype to run with our language?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Hello.
To have Greek on Swype, extract the archive from the following link to "home/user/.swype/data". If the folder does not exist, create it.
Use this as a template for any other language you need. Languages can be extracted from Swype for Android, pay attention to the *.lst files, they need to list all the languages.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sb2n0douk9i57h

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post:
And where can I find this files for Android for other language? I need Slovenian...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
And where can I find this files for Android for other language? I need Slovenian...
Try the following archive for Slovenian and let me know. It seems to be working, but, as I don't speak the language I can't be sure.
As usual, extract the files into /home/user/.swype/data.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sho690k49imfkmz

P.S. I used files extracted from Android Swype 3.26 as all the other version I've tried did NOT work.

Last edited by SynergyX; 2012-10-16 at 10:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post: