Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Try this firmware and EMMC, and see if it proceeds:
Thanks for the idea but Is it safe to do it? I don't want to brick my device .

It all depends on you if you want it done or not. But if it helps, I've done this more than 10 times... It's just a matter of flashing your phone manually... Bottom line, caveat emptor....

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by amarkkassery View Post

Good Luck and hope this helps....
I have bought My N9 in Qatar and reflashed it on Balcan code without any problems (I was hoping for Slovenian language on SWYPE but nothing Yet), so Olympus, just go ahead.
But today I've got message on computer on Software updater, there is some update for My device V 22.2011.etc
I read somewhere this update is just for Arabic language, so I'll wait for PR1.2.

Milko

P.S.: in kako si zadovoljen z N9?

Last edited by matimilko; 2011-12-08 at 20:52.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Hi there !

Just found a solution to change product code on Nokia N9, use NSS and change the power mode to local mode. Wait for the phone to change to local mode and write in the product code you want remember to tick (enable) and press write. Change back to normal mode. Done.

Check, back in normal mode press read to see whether the product code changed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to backspace24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by backspace24 View Post
Hi there !

Just found a solution to change product code on Nokia N9, use NSS and change the power mode to local mode. Wait for the phone to change to local mode and write in the product code you want remember to tick (enable) and press write. Change back to normal mode. Done.

Worked! Thanks!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Thanks for the idea but Is it safe to do it? I don't want to brick my device .
First you ask how to change product code next seconds you scared for bricking the device :O

If you scared to brick your phone just wait for the damn Firmware in your region.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
First you ask how to change product code next seconds you scared for bricking the device :O

If you scared to brick your phone just wait for the damn Firmware in your region.
Well firstly I didn't say that I am scared, I just wanted some clarity. Secondly I think it was a good move because now a solution by backspace24 has come up (big thanks for that, gonna try it tomorrow) and thirdly I don't know when the damn firmware is gonna come for my BRANDED n9, if ever.

Originally Posted by backspace24 View Post
Hi there !

Hi.
I cannot connect N9 to NSS. Should device be in USB mass or Sync and connect mode?

Thanks
Milko

@matimilko

Sync and connect...

@olympus

You're already given ALL options. It's all up to you. I don't think you need any other proof that it works. It's either you do it or not. Just ask some more AFTER you've done it. If there's any...

[QUOTE=BlinkThinks;1135376]@matimilko

Sync and connect...

Sorry. Still doesn't work for me. I click search and after 1sec.. nothing. Empty screen.
Maybe wrong installation of NSS?

Thanks anyway