Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I'm sure. I'm not the only one with this problem though.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ United States
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Thanks for your efforts guys but my problem is that my version is PR_313 so it says to me downgrade disallowed, that's why i'm looking for other ways around.
I see that your product code should either be 059L689 or 059L8W8, either way, it is operator branded by Mobitel, hence should still be running PR1.0 (Version 10.2011.34.1)

Please note, I assume you have a Windows computer with access to internet for the following operation, and note that though Nokia might directly honor your warranty, Mobitel might not honor it anymore, so if you brick it, sorry..... Please continue at your own caution, and I will not be responsible for any mishap.
If this is the case, please do the following, make a backup (a copy of all files directly, after connecting it in "Mass Storage" mode.)

During, or after which go ahead and download Navifirm (www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx)

Once you download it, extract the file contents, and open up NaviFirmPlus. Make sure the server is Production External, scroll down to Nokia N9 (RM-696) and select 20.2011.40.4 under releases, and then click on "RM-696 NDT 16GB BLACK (059J1Z5)" if your product code is 059L689 or "RM-696 NDT 16GB ROW CYAN (059H6N5)" if your product code is 059L8W8. Then, under Save to, hit browse, select any area and create a new folder and save it into it. Then hit download.

Please note that the software above might take some time to load into place (you might not see different options), just wait, it has to parse it from the internet. Also, note that the files you are about to download is about 1GB, so it might take some time, before you are done. This was the easy part, now comes the tough part...

Now, go to download the Maemo flasher (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php) and click "I accept" after reading the terms and conditions, and then scroll down to find WinFlasher_3.12.1.exe. Click it to download. After it has downloaded, make sure you install it.

After you install it, open up My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher and then copy all the contents from your download through NaviFirmPlus into this folder.(Make sure you have just the files directly copied into this folder, not the folder that it was downloaded into.) Now rename the DFL61_HARMATTAN.....ARM.bin to something simple like flash.bin Now comes the part, where you might end up praying every single moment..... Good Luck!

Make sure your battery is full and turn of your phone and connect it to your computer using USB.

Go to Start>All Programs> Nokia> Flasher and click on Flasher. Once here , type in the following command:
Code:
flasher -F flash.bin -f
. It'll turn on your phone and start copying and installing your firmware. If it doesn't do anything (if it can't detect the phone) turn on the phone after waiting about 2 minutes. At any point, if the phone asks you to select a method of connection, select "Sync and Connect". You might have to restart your device multiple times before the computer software detects your phone. Even if the program shows that it finished copying, but you don't see the phone turn on, you can turn the phone on. It should detect it now, and works it's magic. Make sure, you don't remove the cable at any point during the update, and that you have a reliable power supply. If anything is messed up during this part, you could end up bricking your phone.

Good Luck and hope this helps....

Originally Posted by amarkkassery View Post
I see that your product code should either be 059L689 or 059L8W8, either way, it is operator branded by Mobitel, hence should still be running PR1.0 (Version 10.2011.34.1)

Please note, I assume you have a Windows computer with access to internet for the following operation, and note that though Nokia might directly honor your warranty, Mobitel might not honor it anymore, so if you brick it, sorry..... Please continue at your own caution, and I will not be responsible for any mishap.
If this is the case, please do the following, make a backup (a copy of all files directly, after connecting it in "Mass Storage" mode.)

During, or after which go ahead and download Navifirm (www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx)

Once you download it, extract the file contents, and open up NaviFirmPlus. Make sure the server is Production External, scroll down to Nokia N9 (RM-696) and select 20.2011.40.4 under releases, and then click on "RM-696 NDT 16GB BLACK (059J1Z5)" if your product code is 059L689 or "RM-696 NDT 16GB ROW CYAN (059H6N5)" if your product code is 059L8W8. Then, under Save to, hit browse, select any area and create a new folder and save it into it. Then hit download.

Please note that the software above might take some time to load into place (you might not see different options), just wait, it has to parse it from the internet. Also, note that the files you are about to download is about 1GB, so it might take some time, before you are done. This was the easy part, now comes the tough part...

Now, go to download the Maemo flasher (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php) and click "I accept" after reading the terms and conditions, and then scroll down to find WinFlasher_3.12.1.exe. Click it to download. After it has downloaded, make sure you install it.

After you install it, open up My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher and then copy all the contents from your download through NaviFirmPlus into this folder.(Make sure you have just the files directly copied into this folder, not the folder that it was downloaded into.) Now rename the DFL61_HARMATTAN.....ARM.bin to something simple like flash.bin Now comes the part, where you might end up praying every single moment..... Good Luck!

Make sure your battery is full and turn of your phone and connect it to your computer using USB.

Go to Start>All Programs> Nokia> Flasher and click on Flasher. Once here , type in the following command:
Code:
flasher -F flash.bin -f
. It'll turn on your phone and start copying and installing your firmware. If it doesn't do anything (if it can't detect the phone) turn on the phone after waiting about 2 minutes. At any point, if the phone asks you to select a method of connection, select "Sync and Connect". You might have to restart your device multiple times before the computer software detects your phone. Even if the program shows that it finished copying, but you don't see the phone turn on, you can turn the phone on. It should detect it now, and works it's magic. Make sure, you don't remove the cable at any point during the update, and that you have a reliable power supply. If anything is messed up during this part, you could end up bricking your phone.

Good Luck and hope this helps....
Thanks, i'm kinda afraid to do it what if something goes wrong :P

Ok i have grown some balls and tried it. I followed your steps amarkkassery and there was no success unfortunately. Got this: finishing in error state with status 10. Downgrade disallowed.

The process is moot if you have already upgraded from PR1.0 to PR1.1 and you're trying to reflash PR1.1 again using another region lower than what was already flashed on your device. As I said, you cannot downgrade (from your region to another region with a lower PR_code). You need to wait for PR1.2, choose a different region (lower than what you have) and that should work. For now, all you can do is wait for PR1.2....

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2011-12-07 at 19:40.

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
The process is moot if you have already upgraded from PR1.0 to PR1.1 and you're trying to reflash PR1.1 again using another region lower than what was already flashed on your device. As I said, you cannot downgrade (from your region to another region with a lower PR_code). You need to wait for PR1.2, choose a different region (lower than what you have) and that should work. For now, all you can do is wait for PR1.2....
I understand but i'm trying to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 not reflashing. Don't see how this can change with PR1.2 when my PR_code is very high = 313.

What exactly is your phone's product code? Did you double check if you indeed downloaded the correct firmware from Navifirm?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ United States
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Ok i have grown some balls and tried it. I followed your steps amarkkassery and there was no success unfortunately. Got this: finishing in error state with status 10. Downgrade disallowed.
olympus, can you please give me your version code: 059L689 or 059L8W8 and give me your product version from your phone: Settings>About Product and can you give me the exact code PR1.0(.....) and I can try to give you another solution.

Let's see.

I downloaded the correct version, no doubt about that. My version code is 059L689. My version is: 10.2011.34-1.313.01.3_PR_313

Try this firmware and EMMC, and see if it proceeds:

flasher -f -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4.NORTHERNEUROPE_EMMC_NORTHERNEUROPE.bin -R