Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Keep the WE, the black color beats the lame-o blue.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Originally Posted by gonzo1082 View Post
Yes, badass.... unfortunately for me i live in Portland, OR. Called XOHM yesterday asking for any possible beta testing, etc. they told me there's nothing expected to launch in my area till LATE 2009!!!! i might just trade my n810W for a regular one and get an evdo usb modem or something
If you really are serious I would trade my N810 for the WiMAX edition. Let me know!

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
I'm going to have to start using MaemoMapper to map where I get the strongest XOHM connections in Washington, DC, and northern VA. I was doing a fair amount of driving today as part of errands and medical appointments. I posted pics and screenshots to:
http://www.latheofdreams.com/?p=543

In short, I can now confirm that my Nokia N810 WiMAX Edition gets a solid XOHM signal from:
* Washington, DC (Capital Hill, Union Station, Metro Center)
* Reston, VA (Dulles Toll Rd, Sunrise Valley Drive, Glade Drive)
* Fair Oaks, VA (Fair Oaks Mall)

In my errands and appointments today, I had a solid XOHM connection allowing me to email, chat, surf, and watch videos directly from my Nokia N810 WiMax Edition using XOHM. Speeds fluctuated from 2.1Mbps to 4.5Mbps depending on whether I was stationary or moving, and my location.

As I drive around more this week, I'll check out Arlington, Springfield, Fairfax and Lorton. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I didn't expect XOHM to cover so much of Fairfax County.
* Fujitsu U810 (120GB, XPT/OSX) with Sprint 4G (WiMAX)
* http://www.latheofdreams.com

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
Confirmed as $50/mo Pick-2 with two devices:
* Nokia N810 WiMAX Edition
* XOHM USB Adapter

$50/mo for unlimited data so long as I'm a member with these two devices. Talking with a CSR now who tells me that the Northern Virginia network is indeed a "test network" which I can connect to and use, only condition is that it's unsupported should I have any issues until the rollout is made official. He has not yet been informed of a rollout date.

I told him that a few of us from InternetTabletTalk are on the NoVA network. He said it's fine, we've been noticed as testers, we won't get in trouble for using it and we can continue to use it. It will go up and down over the coming weeks as they deploy their network and it's currently unsupported until the official rollout.

So I guess that's that... I've been noticed. XOHM has no issue with me driving around DC and NoVA using my N810 WiMax Edition on their network.
* Fujitsu U810 (120GB, XPT/OSX) with Sprint 4G (WiMAX)
* http://www.latheofdreams.com

Can anyone confirm Xohm in Waldorf, MD? I am dying to get it for my home and get rid EVDO.

Tags
n810 wimax, virginia, wimax, xohm