Poll: Does Penguinbait deserve a FREE N810 from the "Maemo device program"
Poll Options
Does Penguinbait deserve a FREE N810 from the "Maemo device program"

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I have never asked to be part of the Maemo device program because I didnt think I deserved it.

They are releasing 500 devices on this program, and I think that I deserve to be part of the 500. I hardly get to use my device because I am always running images for further development. But I want your opinion, do you think I deserve to recieve one, have I contributed enough to be worthy?

WindowMaker
OpenBox ROX
KDE
XFCE
CUPS
KDEv2 w/CUPS

Are there 500 projects better than mine?

personally I reckon they should give them to the first 500 registered members of this board, seeing as we've been their focus groups/usability feedbackers/(in some cases) programmers/general labrats for two years.

although I'm not going to buy one to add to my 770 and 800, that doesn't mean i wouldn't *like* one

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The very idea of bringing CUPS to the devices is enough to qualify. Implementing this and other things should sure put you on the list.

Originally Posted by flareup View Post
personally I reckon they should give them to the first 500 registered members of this board, seeing as we've been their focus groups/usability feedbackers/(in some cases) programmers/general labrats for two years.

although I'm not going to buy one to add to my 770 and 800, that doesn't mean i wouldn't *like* one
ITT has been a great tool. It would be great to get together and meet a bunch of ITT folks. There is no doubt this forum has moved this platform forward, as did all us beta testers

Originally Posted by flareup View Post

Hmm or at least the top 100 posters (up to today, to disqualify mass posting )

EDIT: I am being sarcastic. But a little wishful thinking may go a long way ...

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The very idea of bringing CUPS to the devices is enough to qualify. Implementing this and other things should sure put you on the list.
Agreed, but when you take away the points for KDE and WindowMaker, surely that knocks him off it again?

Just kidding.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Peng, in my opinion you clearly do deserve it. But just to clarify, they're not giving away 500 TABLETS, they're giving away 500 COUPONS of 100 $/E OFF the tablets when they come out in November. At least that's the way I've always read it. Correct me if I'm wrong...

The only thing that would make you deserve one MORE than now would be if you ported KDE 4 b3 to the tablet.....

I read it as 500 coupons to get the N810 for 100€ ..,?

Originally Posted by jzencovich View Post
Peng, in my opinion you clearly do deserve it. But just to clarify, they're not giving away 500 TABLETS, they're giving away 500 COUPONS of 100 $/E OFF the tablets when they come out in November. At least that's the way I've always read it. Correct me if I'm wrong...

The only thing that would make you deserve one MORE than now would be if you ported KDE 4 b3 to the tablet.....

No, you are correct, and perhaps I mis-stated in my title A coupon 99lbs or whatever in US dollars that translates to is I believe what I read.

$150 = much better that $480

But again yes you are correct.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
and....you are correct

Thanks for correcting me if I was wrong, which I was :P

Still it's not free, but at least you brightened my day

(funny thing is I just realized something didn't make sense, went back to look it up, and then saw I was wrong, QUICK! Edit my post before someone notices and I make an idiot out of myself! Too late.... nice one BOFH)