Poll: Does Penguinbait deserve a FREE N810 from the "Maemo device program"
Poll Options
Does Penguinbait deserve a FREE N810 from the "Maemo device program"

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Well, no, and not what I meant. Just teasing penguinbait a little.
Always trying to poke the bear!

poke poke poke!!!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I think he not only deserves the coupon, but probably to be on the list of people who gets pre-release devices.
Oh absolutely. I'm not even sure how pervasive that is...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I would like to thank everyone who voted in this poll ( including aflegg ). It was quite an eye opener to see that much support. The KDE threads are often left empty unless someone is having a problem.
I was voting on the "free" aspect, before realising you'd misread the device programme. Of course you deserved a discount...

And, being British, it's generally guaranteed to get our backs up when someone asks if they're entitled to special treatment; rather than letting others recognise it for themselves. (Very different to the US temperament, AFAICT)

Anyway, congratulations :-)

Last edited by aflegg; 2007-11-10 at 14:07. Reason: Stray apostrophe (oh, the shame)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
And, being British, it's generally guaranteed to get our back's up when someone asks if they're entitled to special treatment; rather than letting others recognise it for themselves. (Very different to the US temperament, AFAICT)
Might have something to do with the British Commonwealth because as a Canadian, I thought the same way.

Anyways, congrats, Penguin. Very much looking forward to KDE 3.5.8.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
And, being British, it's generally guaranteed to get our backs up when someone asks if they're entitled to special treatment; rather than letting others recognise it for themselves. (Very different to the US temperament, AFAICT)
Hey, we USED to be the same! Some of us still are. It's just this newer generation...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I will state it again, I was really asking because I wanted your opinion. (And I really was shocked by the outcome) Did I think I deserved it? Well I use KDE and printing all the time, not sure if anyone else does? Any opinion I might have would be biased, and I think since I am not following install standards, perhaps I was not worthy to recieve the discount, I never got one before, and never thought of even asking for one before.

Anyway thanks again for all the support,

Yes, I think Peng deserves one. He has made my 770 much more usable by removing the Hildon limitation.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Count me in too as one who believe PenguinBait deserves one. He has managed to inspire me to actually tinker with Linux. If it weren't for that fact I'd be too frustrated with the limitations of the N800 to even consider purchasing the N810 or future models. I'm sure I'm not alone either.

For that, give him ten, no twenty! He'll convert more people to the NIT than the money lost during the give away.

How many Linux fanboys have searched the web and saw that KDE, XFCE, etc actually working on the N770/N800? How many of those people then said "I'm going to buy one of those things"? I'm sure there have been some numbers. You listening Nokia!?!

Hi all, I have not bought an 810 yet, & hope that this is a good place to say yes I believe that PB deserves more than a free 810 from Maemo, & ask the question (as I have never seen the 810 EULA), where do it's limits lie? Obviously it is OK to port other FOSS to the Maemo Linux. There is no room for litigation as happened in the past with the PSP?

Edit: I see that I'm way late to add to this thread, sorry, I'll post the question elsewhere.

Last edited by handy; 2008-02-18 at 10:01.