I keep mine in my right pants pocket, alongside my cellphone. It really impresses the girls!

easy fit into khakis, i'd say go with a better phone...
the tablet will replace the extra features, but definitly get a phone that will make the connection to phone easier
battery life too.....

Phone suggestion?

Importance:
1. Size
2. Bluetooth (compatible with N810)
3. Internet capable (see above)
4. Camera
5. No contract would be nice

One thing to be aware of: you can get dirt-cheap data (at 19.2 kbps, alas) by going with a Motorola iDEN phone (for Nextel), and using a Boost pre-paid SIM.

The data usage (always-on 19.2 kbps) is free, but the SIM must be topped off with at least $20 every 90 days to keep it alive, even if you use no voice minutes.

Sounds like that kinda cheapness/slowness tradeoff may not be what you want, but everyone should know about it...

I'm gonna take the plunge and get such a setup shortly, as I have University WiFi most of the time, it'll be nice to fill in the gaps even at low speed.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
A black version of the Tumi T-Tech Flow Gear Bag:

http://www.tumi.com/tumi/gear_bag/pr...?modelid=87480

Enough room for an N810, USB cable, USB gender changer, headphones, painkillers (and other migraine drugs), pad of paper, pen and some other bits and bobs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
while im carrying a N800, not a N810, i find this does the job:
http://www.urbantool.com/index_en.ph...bh_gallery.htm

hmm, i see they have put a new product up now to, interesting

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I have 2 options for my n800 -

1) I got an Intec-branded Nintendo DS case, and sewed some velcro on the top, I have 2 velcro patches on the top of my n800 to match. The bottom is held in by two plastic corners of the case. It's very good, and I trust it

2) While sewing, I put a flap of velcro over the Nokia provided case, so it doesn't slip out.

All that being said, since I have a screen protector, I have been using no case at all, most of the time. I'm always very conscious of my electronics, so I'm not a crush-risk kind of person. If wearing dressier pants (something loose) I can carry it in my front pocket and nobody will notice. At least they don't say anything.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
my N810 stays comfy in the jeans front pockets without the nokia case.
I carry it usually with the nokia case, but quite often I leave that at home and only carry the N810. It stays on every pocket I put it in.
So far no scratches visible. And I put it flat on the tables or in the jacket pockets (sometimes with the keys ).

I keep it in my pocket, too. My work environment is casual, so I can get away with slightly baggy jeans that allow for plenty of room. However, last week I was at a conference with other IT geeks where I wore a sportcoat with my jeans and I kinda liked having my n800 in my coat pocket.

Thanks all, good suggestions. It sounds like I'll be able to keep it in my pants pocket most of the time. I'll probably add a screen protector as I do with all my other stuff. For work however, I'm thinking about some sort of portfolio that can hold the N810 along with my notebook (a small Moleskine). Since I take my Moleskine with me everywhere, it would make sense to keep them together. When I go home I'll just drop them both into my laptop backpack and head out.

This should be fun! Thanks again!

PS - just noticed the "Thanks" button in the forums... is there a FAQ on the PC way to use this? Heck, I'd thank everyone for their comments, but I'm guessing that would defeat the purpose...