Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
thanks, mate - just succeeded with Croatian...

so, guys, here's the link to the Swype 3.26 for Android: http://depositfiles.com/files/ei2a59x2a

the file You downloaded has the extension .apk, change it to .zip and extract it somewhere on Your pc...

all files You need are only in the "files" subfolder. all files containing your language name ought to be copied into /home/user/.swype/data folder on Your Nokia N9 (create it if it doesn't exist)... plus You need to edit language.lst and helplanguages.lst files - open them in text editor and edit them in a way that only names of the languages You had before in Your N9's Swype menu + Your own, now added, are written. save it. these two, now edited files, also need to be copied to /home/user/.swype/data... and that's it!

Some languages need alphabet layouts too (the files ending with zkb.le), so, if your language doesn't load, find the Symbian pack in Nokia Beta Labs and see what layouts it needs.

[Languages: EnglishUK, EnglishUS, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, FrenchCH, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, PortuguesePT, Romanian, Russian, SerbianLA, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian]

[in case Your language is missing google it, but just Swype 3.26 for Android, because other versions can't be installed for some reason.]

all credits to @SynergyX, who found this method in the first place.

Just out of curiosity, which files did you use for Croatian?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia

btw, I sent pm to @olympus who started this thread to include that small how-to in his first post, in order to make it easier to be found

[tw] @kegnatz

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post

btw, I sent pm to @olympus who started this thread to include that small how-to in his first post, in order to make it easier to be found
I used those files too, from 3 different versions of Swype. I also found from the Symbian files that latin4 layouts were needed, so, maybe the Symbian versions don't have the same dependencies as ours.
I posted a small how-to in the other thread too.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Llagostera (Catalonia)
Whoa! Thanks! that's really helpful

this gives me some hope to get catalan to work... if I can find the Swype 3.26 catalan android files. Going to check with some friends of mine who are Android users.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Updated the first post. Have fun

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Congratulations for this nice find!

However, I have a problem, I installed the French(CH) keyboard and this is the result, it seems there is a mix of 2 keyboards. I tried other keybords, they are fine.

I checked on android, there is no such behaviour.

Any idea?
Attached Images

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
He-he, found the solution! The file "Qwertz-PT-Latin1.zkb.le" needs to be added. Hum, this was clearly stated in the how-to.

Thanks again to SynergyX and Zelig for this.

Thus, the FrenchCH keyboard needs the following files:
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post: