Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by heelio View Post
There's a 2 gig internal and a 16 gig external. Nothing has happened with the 16 gig, ever.

The install-tools-ad is what I am running. When I ran it the first time (on each 2 gig card) it gave an error some time after that "starting filesystem clone" message appears 3 times. This error suggested my ejecting the card due to some inability to write or something. Re-inserting the card and re-running the program resulted in it running all the way through. Sorry if all this was not clear.
You should run the install, (no matter what happen, reboot)

Now run the install again

Do not eject the card
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
As I said a few posts back, I see the conflict with e2fsprogs is still there. You have to remove e2fsprogs, or force install on the command line. I will update the deb, I was in a hurry and missed the locale stuff last time.

I will update when I get some time. Any other issues let me know, it appears to be working great.
I'm sorry... I'm kinda blind, obviously...

There's a .conf file as well... see the last item below.

Code:
dpkg --force-overwrite -i gparted-hack.deb
(Reading database ... 19253 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking gparted-hack (from gparted-hack.deb) ...
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/e2fsprogs.mo', which is also in package e2fsprogs
...snip....
 trying to overwrite `/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/e2fsprogs.mo', which is also in package e2fsprogs
 trying to overwrite `/etc/mke2fs.conf', which is also in package e2fsprogs

I updated it, see if that fixes it for you
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I'm gonna sign off here with a note to penguinbait - thanks for hanging around helping. Finally I re-flashed my tablet, and ran the thing twice and it works like it was supposed to. Very impressive. I'm gonna clone it to the other 2 gig card also (while it's working) and I have NO idea what was preventing it from working earlier.

The Following User Says Thank You to heelio For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I tried running the version I force-installed, and, when trying to resize an ext2 partition, it stalls trying to check the partition for errors. This doesn't happen in Debian. There were file system errors in that partition...

EDIT: Something DID happen, the partition was shrunk, but it took waaay too long (2 hrs) and it was still going...

Last edited by qole; 2008-11-03 at 02:11.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I tried running the version I force-installed, and, when trying to resize an ext2 partition, it stalls trying to check the partition for errors. This doesn't happen in Debian. There were file system errors in that partition...
I resized several partitions so far. Not sure what the problem is. depending on how you resize it it may take a while.

Did it error out? All the failures I had all ended in errors and it allowed me to save the error log.

Did you save the error log? if so what did it say?

Hey,turned out I didn't have to ew-clone the other card- it was working, it was just that the boot menu wasn't. So I had two (dual/tri) bootable cards all along, just a messed up bootmenu.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I resized several partitions so far. Not sure what the problem is. depending on how you resize it it may take a while.

Did it error out? All the failures I had all ended in errors and it allowed me to save the error log.

Did you save the error log? if so what did it say?
qole? hola, ¿Como estas?

... yeah, I dunno, I went back to my Debian version and did my work there...

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I don't understand why Nokia made it so hard to port apps to the tablet. Under EasyDebian, GParted has nice small fonts, tap-and-hold right-click, pop-up keyboard, and full-screen. Under Maemo, the fonts are so huge that the layout is mashed up and kludgy, and most users aren't going to have the Easy Debian usability hacks, so they won't have any way to right-click, pull up a virtual keyboard or make the app fullscreen. I am really beginning to see why devs are so loathe to "hildonize" their apps. What a lot of frustrating work!

Anyway, thanks for your effort, penguinbait. If you think this port/hack is worth it (and I'm just being too cynical), I'll try beta-testing some more.

Hm, that's got me thinking.

Maybe what we need is a small set of hacks that force-hildonize any app, just like I do for Easy Debian. We would need xbindkeys (for setting up the hardware key combos), wmctrl (for making things fullscreen) and matchbox-keyboard for us N800 owners. I'm also interested in seeing if libgtkstylus.so can be made to work in Maemo; if so, tap-and-hold right-click will automatically work for all GTK apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
debian, gparted, hacked, qole