Active Topics

My n800 is saying this after 450k of any download I attempt. All I have open is the browser. Any ideas?

Thanks Jude

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
You need to learn how to save to the mmc (that is, one of the SD cards that goes in a slot). It's not a matter of what you have open. (It's like a hard drive problem, not a RAM problem.) You can move stuff out of the device memory by using File Manager (in Utilities menu of App Mgr).

Also, please click on both the Newbie links in my signature, below. The second one is, in form, tongue-and-cheek, but the info is sincere. And see this post, too.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

thanks for the warm welcome. i save everything to mmc and have already stripped out the internal memory.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by jooodo View Post
thanks for the warm welcome. i save everything to mmc and have already stripped out the internal memory.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying. You mean that you removed everything from the internal mmc so that that card has substantially more than 450k of free space, you're saving to that card in the downloading process, and you get that message? If that's the case, I'm stumped, too. If that's not the case, please explain more precisely what the situation is.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I'm downloading to a card showing 1.54GB of space. That's why I fiigured it was a ram problem. any ideas?

It's not a RAM problem. How do you download? In some cases the browser will do a temporary download to the /tmp filesystem, which is very small on the NIT. If you instead save directly to somewhere on a card you'll bypass that problem, at least.