Notices

Finally set some time aside to make the switch, and indeed the improvement over the original is incredible. Congratulations !

Main things still missing (for me) is a full "new posts" list and a global "show only updated" preference for all feeds. But this Grr is already way more usable, thanks for that !

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
UPDATE : Trojita :

- speed up the ui
- bold blue text for new entries
- changed "Number of messages : X" to "X messages"

EDIT : same thing coming to Grr soon

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Man, you are just awesome. By the way, do you have any links / reference / etc for the UI elements you use?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
UPDATE : Grrr

- using now same style that Trojita (rounded bubbles for unread, and gradients, same colors)
- added banner for when marking all as read
- trying to gain some room for feed entries label (reducing margins, removing bold weight, and changing text size from 22 to 18)
- more consistent look : non starred entries have an empty star icon (there was no icon at all before, causing a bad-looking indent)
- yet more consistent look : date and author are not deplacing the label to the bottom, so when one information is not fulled, the genral look stays correct

main window : list of feeds :

one feed entries list :

PS : file is on my ftp like always

EDIT :

- i'll add the 'New entries' fake-feed as soon i'll have found how to do that
- i'm thinking about adding a header on the content visualisation page, to show the complete label when its too long to be displayed on the list
- i'll add the configuration page for rotation behavior soon (the same that in trojita)
- i'll make the 'add feed' button and the 'feed info' one as soon as i could access some google reader api documentation
- and finally i'm thinking about an efficient model for offline access and some nice feature like 'read that later' or favicons for feeds....

so stay tuned .....

Last edited by TheBootroo; 2010-08-19 at 00:14.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
I am digging your grr, Thanks!

I have to say the only things I would like to see added would be the 'new' feed as other posters mentioned if you figure out how to do it.... and another item that would be cool if possible would be a 'share with note' option. No clue if it's doable or not...either way awesome job.

I must be overlooking something with trojita...i am trying to set up a gmail acct in it...have the settings configured to google's imap/smtp but I gt a login failure...double and triple checked my typing...can't find what I'm overlooking.

keep up the good work!

Last edited by Sphinx780; 2010-08-19 at 01:52. Reason: i cannot type well when drinking

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
New version of Grr looks AWESOME!!! Fantastic work.

Is there any chance you work together with original author of the app? Or may be you could add your changed apps in repos?

Very nice indeed!!

I can't view it in portrait mode like in the picture you have, any suggestion?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by TheBootroo View Post
UPDATE : Grrr

- using now same style that Trojita (rounded bubbles for unread, and gradients, same colors)
- added banner for when marking all as read
- trying to gain some room for feed entries label (reducing margins, removing bold weight, and changing text size from 22 to 18)
- more consistent look : non starred entries have an empty star icon (there was no icon at all before, causing a bad-looking indent)
- yet more consistent look : date and author are not deplacing the label to the bottom, so when one information is not fulled, the genral look stays correct

main window : list of feeds :

one feed entries list :

PS : file is on my ftp like always

EDIT :

- i'll add the 'New entries' fake-feed as soon i'll have found how to do that
- i'm thinking about adding a header on the content visualisation page, to show the complete label when its too long to be displayed on the list
- i'll add the configuration page for rotation behavior soon (the same that in trojita)
- i'll make the 'add feed' button and the 'feed info' one as soon as i could access some google reader api documentation
- and finally i'm thinking about an efficient model for offline access and some nice feature like 'read that later' or favicons for feeds....

so stay tuned .....

When I want to install trojita I have an error: "Impossible to install trojita. Applications packetage are incompatible" (I've translated it, I'm french)

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
You have to install it via terminal.

oh.. i don't have the skills to do that. There is a tutorial for that?