Originally Posted by eleseur View Post
Plex is what your after if you want afaik, the best dnla/upnp server/transcoder. The server software (win/osx/linux) is free, and the android app was a few bucks on the play store. They also have clients for windows phone os, ios, and a bunch of other devices.

Its not streaming mpeg2, since i can stream a transcoded video over a wlan to my nook color, which doesnt do that with other mpeg2 exclusive transcoding servers (twonky, UMS, PMS, etc, etc). Lots of customization as well, as far as video settings, and resolution, bitrate, etc.

Pretty well designed solution that allows me to stream any video i have, from mkv 1080p's, to avis, etc, to my nook color flawlessly. The # of devices they have client apps for is quite impressive as well.

def worth checking out if your frustrated with the all to common mpeg2 only transcoding/streaming not working on your client device.
this is not going to help him. he was looking to put videos on the tablet itself for use locally, not streaming.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by eleseur View Post
Plex is what your after if you want afaik, the best dnla/upnp server/transcoder...

Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
this is not going to help him. he was looking to put videos on the tablet itself for use locally, not streaming.
Exactly. Streaming's fine when you are on home location but the problem was to get videos from my DVB box or from DVD's to the device to watch during a flight. (and in airplanes you cannot have active connections anyway...)

Tags
lumiatard