Hi there,

since i updated to diablo i'm no longer able to connect to my sip provider. I rechecked allready the entrys and even reflashed back to chinook ( RX-44_2008SE_2.2007.51-3_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM) to try it there:

After flashing i only configured my wlan an entered my sip data in chinook and diablo the same way. Using chinook it connects within one second and on diablo i get the "unable to connect...." even faster than one second.

Is it possible to check which actual login data diablo uses? Some debug mode or log file....?

Maybe there is an answer allready out there?

Thanks in advance
Martin

Won't help but here I can connect to my SIP provider (free) in Diablo. What is your SIP provider ?

I'm in germany and connect to the provider 1und1. In this case: sip.1und1.de

I'm able to connect to my gizmo/sipphone.com account without any issues here (on Diablo).

Last edited by hcel; 2008-06-29 at 23:27. Reason: "on diablo"

Originally Posted by Efelon View Post
I'm in germany and connect to the provider 1und1. In this case: sip.1und1.de
Are you using gizmo or the RTcomm SIP client ?

I want to use the internal RTcomm application because it worked fine under chinook. I didn't test gizmo jet.

In the meanwhile i installed the RTcomm-beta update but it is still not able to connect. I also had a look on the sip account setting using the gconf-editor (/apps/telepathy/mc/accounts/sip0) but couldn't find any suspicious entrys.

Update:
I installed gizmo yesterday and it worked fine with my provider (1und1). It's definitely only the rtcomm client which doesn't work with this specific provider.

Last edited by Efelon; 2008-07-01 at 09:28. Reason: Update

Mhm? So no one seams to have a similar problem. Is there at least someone from germany with 1und1 as provider and of course a n810?

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I don't use that provider or have an 810 but a quick look around tells me the settings are standard SIP like most others. Have you tried to delete the account on the N8 and start fresh? Or create a new account and set it up (disabling the other)? Are you using a SIP auth-id under Advanced settings as well as the regular username?

My N800 made the diablo transition and my SIP account against a home brew asterisk box works like it did before, very good and at least as good as a cell phone but much cheaper.

Hi IcelandDreams

Originally Posted by IcelandDreams View Post
I don't use that provider or have an 810 but a quick look around tells me the settings are standard SIP like most others. Have you tried to delete the account on the N8 and start fresh? Or create a new account and set it up (disabling the other)? Are you using a SIP auth-id under Advanced settings as well as the regular username?
I tried everything you mentioned and i think every other possible combination of login data as well. Do you know if there is a log file where i can find the exact reason why the authentication fails?

Like i wrote before the account works fine with gizmo(v97) using diablo and the basic login information. Same goes to the rtcomm client together with chinook.

I already tried to start osso-voip-ui from xterm but didn't get any information at all.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I'm using the builtin SIP client with diablo. I might suggest a new flash without any comm apps added. Are you getting proper internet for everything else? The quick error message suggests that it isn't getting DNS or routing. On rare occasion I'll get that but it will be everything on the net and a quick reattach to WiFI solves it.

I would try it from this end but I don't have an account at that provider.