Active Topics

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Okay, so, everyone knows Nokia doesn't do TV ads...ever, yet recently, they have only for a WinMo phone...

Why is it that Nokia has finally started adverting a phone when it's Windows-based instead of showing off the OS's it had before hand to broaden it's user base outside of the internet? The MeeGo handset has a real chance to take the world by storm and has even won over the Engadget people (holy crap?). I just don't think it's fair.

Damn you Elop. You make me want to come and find and snipe you when I'm up, close and personal in your face. >_>;

Video on YouTube as seen on TV (just saw it on TBS not even 5 mins ago):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDECIwJPWBk

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Because its down to the wire time for Nokia. As we all know they placed a bet on Windows Phone nearly a year ago, but its only now that they have their cards in their hand to play.

If the Lumias (710, 800, and -lustworthy- 900) fail, then Nokia will be in worse shape than before. It only makes sense that they're going to use every means available, including ones not before used, to add to their hand.

They're not alone in spending big this year either, the total cost of [the coming] marketing tsunami is in the neighborhood of $200 million ... [and] that's just for the United States

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yep. It's ending.

Send me all of your stuff.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yep. It's ending.

Send me all of your stuff.
No way, yous a crazy man. lol!

Still, urks me that they didn't advertise before Elop came in. They could have made so much more money and gained way more people without having to resort to getting this pompous crap-bag only for him to bring in WinMo.

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Okay, so, everyone knows Nokia doesn't do TV ads...ever, yet recently, they have only for a WinMo phone...
Crikey. I must have been imagining all those adverts for Nokia phones I saw on the telly.

its only in USA where they never aired a tv commercials, otherwise everywhere else Nokia has always had a tv commercials.

On 20/12/2012 at exactly 11:55pm I'm gonna set my clocks back an hour.
I'm gonna keep doing that each time 11:55pm on 20/12/2012 comes around so I never see 21/12/2012 (the predicted date of when the proverbial smelly, sticky brown stuff is gonna hit the high speed whirly thing).

The N-900 is hardly lust worthy.
The TiTan II can be.
The iPhone 4S definitely is.
Undoubtedly, the Android Superphones are too (NOTE, Gnex, Atrix, Captivate Glide).
But the leader of the pack is the N900 (and perhaps the HD2).

...sorry N9 you dont make the cut because of your father Elop, the N950 doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
the N950 doesn't exist.
Neither does the N9 in some parts of the world.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I remember the N95 and N8 being heavily advertised here in the Philippines. The N900 was also pushed to some extent - I remember seeing stickers for "Try a mobile tablet" or something along those lines back in early 2010 at some stores.