Notices

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Sounds like a pain in the a** just to see if it's working...I'll do it later and report back.

Jesse~
Yeah I know what you mean. It's the last time I but anything from these guys.

Now in "maemo Extras" repository (not developer). After install, reboot, then refresh, then you should be good to go. Same as past OMW updates.

Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Hi All.
I am preparing the new version of Omweather (0.22.6). Detailed weather forecast will be fixed in this version.
I hope to release it today or tonight

Vlad.
Thanks! I really missed the detailed tab, with this current update.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to configure which hours are displayed, or to display more than 3.

It would be really neat if there could be a screen which shows all the hours for which there is weather information.

Anyway thanks for this great app, and thanks for the quick updates!

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Washington, DC
I uninstalled OM Weather and re-installed it this morning thinking it was a file corruption problem on my 810 Tablet. After the new install and subsequent attempted re-boot, my 810 appears bricked - it will no longer boot up.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by ForeverNewb View Post
I uninstalled OM Weather and re-installed it this morning thinking it was a file corruption problem on my 810 Tablet. After the new install and subsequent attempted re-boot, my 810 appears bricked - it will no longer boot up.
If you can't get it to boot up at all, looks like you'll have to reflash.

Hey, I was messin' around with my N810 last night around midnight when all of a sudden, if asked me if I wanted to install the update for OMWeather. I said yes because I was having the same problem everyone else is having.I installed it and then rebooted. when I went back to it, it still didn't work? anyone else have that same problem?

Originally Posted by 2733T View Post
Hey, I was messin' around with my N810 last night around midnight when all of a sudden, if asked me if I wanted to install the update for OMWeather. I said yes because I was having the same problem everyone else is having.I installed it and then rebooted. when I went back to it, it still didn't work? anyone else have that same problem?
Yesterday's update didn't work for me. The version in Extras Devel this morning worked. I didn't have to reboot. I always try removing then re-adding OMWeather using "Home>Select Applets" before resorting to a reboot after an OMWeather update. It usually works, but not always. Rebooting uses too much of my 1 1/2 year old battery and I need it to last all day.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Where do you guys get the diablo extras-devel repository? The update did not show up as updates typically show in the applications manager update window.

I tried uninstalling the omweather program and reinstalling it but the old version was there (22.4) and not the latest (22.5)

If you guys know where the new repositories are, please paste the link on this post.

Thank you,

The Following User Says Thank You to rla1999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by rla1999 View Post
Where do you guys get the diablo extras-devel repository?
Please see the information on Extras-devel in the maemo.org wiki. In particular, please take note of the information regarding the status of items within Extras-devel: they're in testing and may break your tablet. Therefore, please remember to disable Extras-devel after installing anything from it, if you must use it at all.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
@wazd zip code 97420
Coos Bay? It's in the base. US -> Oregon -> Coos bay

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Please see the information on Extras-devel in the maemo.org wiki. In particular, please take note of the information regarding the status of items within Extras-devel: they're in testing and may break your tablet. Therefore, please remember to disable Extras-devel after installing anything from it, if you must use it at all.
Oh, It could break the tablet internally??? that does not sound good. I'll check that link you gave me to see what it says. It seems like a lot of hassle to get this program up and running, from what I have read on this thread. It may be best for me to just wait until one is posted in the application manager as it's typically done. In the meantime I'll look out the window to check out the weather.

Thanks for your assistance.