Notices

I would like to be able to automatically Refresh All Media in the device in Canola 2 via the command-line. Can anyone please let me know if this is possible?

I recall that there was a script that could be run for the old Canola to achieve this so hopefully there is a way to do this with Canola 2 as well?

Hi, darbax. Do you mean to reset the database media entries and scan everything from scratch again? Or just to rescan the already tracked paths?

If you mean the former, we have this functionality in the UI in a non yet released version. If not, you are talking about an usecase that won't to be supported, but as a workaround you can get test.py ("git clone git://git.profusion.mobi/python-lightmediascanner.git"), a testing script from that package, and run something like
Code:
./test.py 1 100 10000 ~/.canola/canola.db flac,m3u,pls,id3,jpeg,rm,asf,png,mp4 ISO8859-15 <scan-path>

Thanks for that.

Basically, I wanted it to force a rescan of the playlists. The current version of Canola 2 (beta9) does not differentiate between music and audio books. Therefore, when wanting to play music at random, Canola will just shuffle *all* tracks and will play any audio book tracks too. To get around this I have a script that creates a shuffled playlist of music-only tracks but I wanted to manually force canola to refresh this new playlist. It's not too bad really as I have since discovered that Canola picks up the change on start up.

Ok, then. I think you can modify that script to achieve your desired task.