Notices

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
new draft...
I really like the border-less buttons and indicators. It looks much cleaner.

As far as the layout, I really like it, but MSameer seems to be keen on keeping the tool bar alone.

What if the indicators are placed where they are on mcbook's new draft without the border, horizontally across the top in a single row. It has all the info you want, but it isn't as cluttered as it currently is being vertical and in a box.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post

What if the indicators are placed where they are on mcbook's new draft without the border, horizontally across the top in a single row. It has all the info you want, but it isn't as cluttered as it currently is being vertical and in a box.
I agree.
would look much more elegant that way...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I just upgraded to 0.0.23-1 and when I opened it the first time I got a message 'unable to set resolution' or similar. This was repeatable when closing and opening again. I noticed image was fullscreen instead of 4:3 that I usually use, so I went to settings page and resolution was set to 8M and aspect ratio was not set. Prior to upgrade it had been set to 8M and 4:3. Setting the aspect back to 4:3 solved the problem. I assume the aspect setting in the config got lost or corrupted in the upgrade. Not a disaster, just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for continued support for camera+. Great program.

BTW, is there a way to see version # from within program? I didn't find it, so I just checked in app manager instead.
OK. you are right and I goofed again. I seem to be forgetting a lot of stuff these days.

I changed how the resolutions are being saved to the configuration file. As a result the old settings were lost and you have to set them again.

There is currently no way to see the version. Considering the stuff I have to do before each release, I will most likely not add it before I manage to automate some manual steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I really like the border-less buttons and indicators. It looks much cleaner.

As far as the layout, I really like it, but MSameer seems to be keen on keeping the tool bar alone.

We cannot place all of them horizontally. There is not enough space. We will have to keep only the GPS and face detection indicators.

We also need to shade the background behind them otherwise they will not be always visible.

I also thought that we want to move the resolution label out of the tool bar. Or am I mistaken?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
We cannot place all of them horizontally. There is not enough space. We will have to keep only the GPS and face detection indicators.
sure we can
just resize the zoom slider a bit
v3

We also need to shade the background behind them otherwise they will not be always visible.
you are right about that but since taking totally white pictures is not something you do very often...

plus the picture in the viewfinder is moving so the background changes too. These icons are just an indicator after all...

There is really not enough space...
Attached Images

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
There is really not enough space...
well there are way to much indicators in your draft!

why would we want to display indicators for something you can already see in the toolbar?

the 4 icons I put there are enough (even aspect ratio is kind of a luxury )

PS

the proportions of the screen in my draft are 854x480 so relative sizes and distances are comparable

MSameer, your box with 'resolution, face detection and geotagging' looks quite fresh here, but what if someone turn off face detection and g-tagging? I think this box won't be as cute as it is now..
mcbook, I like your first draft, but I would make some changes:
1) take the resolution icon out of the toolbar (like in the third version, I missed it while was typing this post ). But I start to doubt already...
2) put the mode button under the 'new switch button', to make it more convenient to switch between different modes with your right thumb (btw, I suppose, 'the new switch button' is to instant switch between camera and camcoder modes?)
3) I would really like to try that zoom bar placed on the left side... I think it would be also convenient ot access it with thumb (but this time I'm talking about left thumb ) So, maybe an option to choose a position of zoom-bar (top or left)?

Also, I remembered some left-handed guys claimed on the other forum about the landscape mode in general, not about this particular program. Yeah, so, MSameer, could you try to make icons to rotate, depending on the phone placing? Something like in the second attached picture

Considering the white icons and background – we can just add black strokes to them (not very thick, 1px is enough).

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2014-05-31 at 20:48.

new switch icon is for switching between front and back camera...

also as MSameer pointed out somewhere icon rotation is a lot of work so for now I think we should stick to something close to the current ui (-> v3 )

EDIT:

ah and since camera mode (camera, camcorder, timer,...) is somewhat of a basic setting it should be easily accessible and therefore not be in the toolbar!

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-05-31 at 21:11.

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!