@rinigus and @mautz, a hugh thank you to both of you. So, I installed OKBoard as mautz suggested and it's quite a revelation. As for presage, I read the packaging instructions and it's quite fascinating. Yet, I have a feeling this process might be beyond my abilities (for now).

Could I just bring up a few things I noticed? Maybe someone could help me with some of these, which would be highly appreciated.

1) When I connected the previous incarnation of the phone (Nexus5/CM12/SFOS2.0) to the car's "multi media system", the phone would normally send the address book automatically. Now (CM13/SFOS2.1.3.7) I get a "device connected - transfer failed" instead. No big deal, since I can always send the vcf file manually (BTW, A2DP audio works flawlessly, though). Which brings me to...

2) I am sure there used to be a "share" option in the file manager (to share via bluetooth or email). I cannot seem to find that anywhere. Any suggestions how to get it back would be appreciated.

3) When I used to type a text message, I got a counter giving me the number of characters left for that text/SMS. That seems to be gone. Is there are way to retrieve it?

4) Upon opening the case, the phone used to come to life (display lit up faintly), so I could double tap it to wake it up. Now, there is no reaction to opening the case, thus, I have to press the power button. No huge problem, but maybe it's just a setting. So, I thought I'd ask.

[5)] As for the broken audio on bluetooth phone calls, someone suggested to me that this sounded like an "endian" problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any further information. Has anyone looked into this issue?

Sorry, this ended up being rather a lot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
3) You can enable this feature in the message app settings
4) Is lpm enabled? Take a look here: https://talk.maemo.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=403

And which filemanager did you mean?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Kudos for your help, @mautz.

I use the file browser advertised in the Jolla store. But I noticed, I can actually send files via bluetooth through Settings->Storage->Mass Memory->File manager (pull down). Nevertheless, I since learned that my car does not appreciate being sent raw vcf files. Which brings me back to 1).

1) Is is possible to enable the functionality of sending the address book automatically when requested by the car? That used to work with the old version (CM12/2.0.5.6).

4) When I try to install mce-tools, I receive a dependency error. Thus, I couldn't try the mcetool approach.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Regarding your bluetooth car problem, maybe this is a bug in 2.1.3.7? Have you checked the release notes on TMO? Maybe a 'pkcon refresh' or a 'zypper ref' will solve your dependency problems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Thanks @mautz for the help. Just some thoughts and feedback (in case others stumble across the same problem).

1) When installing mce-tools, ignoring the dependencies is not a good option. It'll give you a phone the freezes constantly. However, it's possible to intentionally install an older version of mce-tools from the same repo which is compatible with mce on the phone.

2) As for the bluetooth car sync problem, I am afraid I couldn't find anything.

3) Out of curiosity, have those who have version-dup-upgraded to 2.1.4.14/.15 experienced any problems with their Nexus 5? Just to confirm, I am really using this phone (and only this one), thus I need it to be reliable.

4) People calling me keep complaining about an echo (on my end, everything sounds great). I remember there was advice given for the CM12 based SFOS. However, that didn't fix my problem back then. Has anyone tackled that?

5) Additionally, that bluetooth handsfree problem (illegible audio when connected to handsfree device) has been bugging me right from the beginning. After all, if that worked, the phone would be almost perfect. Googlin' hasn't got me anywhere so far (mostly for lack of background knowledge). I hear when the Nexus 5 was first released by Google, it had the very same problem under Android which they fixed with the first update. Isn't there any way to find out what exactly they did?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Will be possible to get the 3.10 kernel on our Nexus 5?

https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/anbox-sailfishos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I have install telegram app, tdesktop. I experience this pb:
when others call me, the telephone rings but nothing pops up and there is no any place where to take the call.
Any hint how to fix this issue?
Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pi.3.141etc@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
It is a known issue as far as i know. Additionally, it seems to be no more mantained.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
I just noticed that after the upgrade from CM12 to the CM13 based SFOS (2.1.3.7) I cannot seem to connect to eduroam at the university any more. I tried the old config from a backup as well as setting up a new one from scratch (both with the assistance of "Roamer" -> the generated config looks alright).

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
It is a known issue as far as i know. Additionally, it seems to be no more mantained.
Thanks.

Telegram app would make the device with SFOS a good daily device. Too bad it is not maintained.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pi.3.141etc@gmail.com For This Useful Post: