Not sure since when but all of the below stopped working not so long time ago:
  • Facebook chat: can't get online, keeps popping with password prompt despite proper password provided
  • Facebook concatacts sync: I guess related to the one above
  • Google talk: can't get online, says incorrect password while for the same account email sync works well
  • AccuWather: doesn't search for any location, doesn't fetch weather data

My assumption is that public APIs of the above services have been disabled or changed. I would like to confirm that and know if there are any solutions or it's rather time to get android device

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Please!!!
First use search option and THAN post. We don't need hundreds of new posts for the same problem

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
That's why I posted all the questions under a single topic instead of creating one per each ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To be honest I tried to search. Forum's search is a joke, using google with modifier site:talk.maemo.org at least gave something. But those are mostly old irrelevant topics which gave me no clue about the current state of the listed services.

Anyway, I would appreciate at least simple yes/no answers so I would know is it worth of digging any further. Otherwise, unwillingly but, I'm going have to buy android device.
Unfortunately I can't wait any longer for new Jolla phone with such a degraded device which lacks basic services.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamashumi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR

Tags
accuweather, facebook, google, obsolete