Notices

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Rinigus, I haven't followed the thread since the discussions on the creation of the new app, its name and its icon, but I want to thank you for your continued support and outstanding involvement. It's great to see that your motivation has not changed, that pages in the thread have accumulated, and the number of updates speak for themselves.

[Edit] Woops, wrong thread. I was referring to Pure Maps, but same comments work here too.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-12-05 at 00:58.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
FYI: New maps are out.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Here we go again: I rewrote QML parts of the code in a manner similar to Pure Maps. It is partitioned into platform-independent and -dependent parts allowing me to support Sailfish Silica, QtControls, and Kirigami simply. As with Pure Maps, exposure to Kirigami and QtControls, requires few additional artwork (some of which maybe beneficial for SFOS as well):

* banner with the size similar to Pure Maps. Will be used in About, Kirigami menu

* icons for Map Manager:
- country available on device
- country requested for download
- incompatible version (we have sync symbol in SFOS)
- mapnik (and maybe mapbox) global (earth?)
- postal global (language parsing part)
- country or region (used in the list while country is not requested or available)

As always, help with the icons is appreciated!

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Hi !

Finally, after having bought a big SD card (128GB ), I installed OSM Scout server in order to use it with PureMaps on my Jolla1.
I have downloaded maps and everything asked, however the server seems to always stay as inactive. Is there a way to debug this ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Here we go again: I rewrote QML parts of the code in a manner similar to Pure Maps. It is partitioned into platform-independent and -dependent parts allowing me to support Sailfish Silica, QtControls, and Kirigami simply. As with Pure Maps, exposure to Kirigami and QtControls, requires few additional artwork (some of which maybe beneficial for SFOS as well):

* banner with the size similar to Pure Maps. Will be used in About, Kirigami menu

* icons for Map Manager:
- country available on device
- country requested for download
- incompatible version (we have sync symbol in SFOS)
- mapnik (and maybe mapbox) global (earth?)
- postal global (language parsing part)
- country or region (used in the list while country is not requested or available)

As always, help with the icons is appreciated!
As it seems, mosen hasn't found time for this, I will try to find some time on the weekend.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Finally, after having bought a big SD card (128GB ), I installed OSM Scout server in order to use it with PureMaps on my Jolla1.
I have downloaded maps and everything asked, however the server seems to always stay as inactive. Is there a way to debug this ?
RTFM, plus go through and adjust the settings menus thoroughly (in both apps), please.
If you have a specific question then, ask it.

Last edited by olf; 2019-04-27 at 18:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Hi !

Easiest way to debug is to keep OSM Scout Server running as a GUI app and enable logging of info messages (under Settings). Then open Pure Maps and switch over to "offline" mode using its profile. Do you see a map? If you do and OSM Scout Server log has access logged, you should be fine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
As it seems, mosen hasn't found time for this, I will try to find some time on the weekend.
Thank you very much!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Pure Maps was rightly configured. The problem was the OSM Scout profil. On the Jolla1, the one which has the most accurate maps (the one next to the default profil) doesn't work. I have tested the others and they all work.

Easiest way to debug is to keep OSM Scout Server running as a GUI app and enable logging of info messages (under Settings)
Thank you, it's better with the log output. With the second profile, I have errors about Mapbox GL backend disabled by the selected profile.
In addition, on the OSM Scout server cover, it is always written "Inactive" even when requests are performed to it and answered.
Now I have everything more or less working, but the maps are slow to load in Pure maps. But I think that's related to the Jolla old hardware.

Originally Posted by olf View Post
RTFM, plus go through and adjust the settings menus thoroughly (in both apps), please.
<Insert your favorite ironical answer about this kind of post which you can always have on any forum on the web>. However the the OSM Scout Server doc is not updated regarding of the latests Pure Maps evolutions, and actually has no informations about possible problems that an user can encounter.

Originally Posted by olf View Post
If you have a specific question then, ask it.
Actually, my question was if there is any logfile or any debug output for knowing why I don't have any maps showing in PureMaps in order to ask a specific question about my problem. But without any usefull informations other than "there is no map in my GPS app", it's hard to do it.

Last edited by Astaoth; 2019-04-26 at 08:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I've encountered an issue with OSM Scout Server auto activation on Sailfish OS 3.0.3. I remembered some discussions about routing possibly not working due to ICU update in 3.0.3 so I've decided to test it right away after the system upgrade.

Interestingly, routing seems to work, but only if the OSM Scout Server app is first started manually. If the OSM Scout Server app is not running & OSM Scout Server socket activation is enabled, routing (and likely other services) will not work & journal will be spammed by failed service activation attempts:

Code:
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: Started OSM Scout Server.
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish harbour-osmscout-server[28263]: /usr/bin/harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish harbour-osmscout-server[28265]: /usr/bin/harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish systemd[1261]: osmscout-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Apr 26 13:43:29 Sailfish harbour-osmscout-server[28267]: /usr/bin/harbour-osmscout-server: /usr/share/harbour-osmscout-server/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
Starting the app manually immediately stops the spam and things start to work.

OSM Scout Server version: 1.13.1-1.107.1.jolla

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles