Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Hi everyone,

I'm selling my Nokia N9.

It was bought new at the end of June 2012 so it's more than seven years old at this point. It wasn't bound for any contracts so it is network unlocked. I was the first and last owner of it. It's the "Unicorn" 64GB White version that was made in Finland. I knew this one was kind of rare but I never knew it was that hard to get on some markets. In fact the White version was the more common of the 64GB capacities here in Turkey so I had to opt for the White version with some regret but it grew on me really fast after some days of usage.

I used it for general media consumption. Photos, videos, internet browsing, chats and some games. Tried and used most of the convenient apps & tweaks, rooted it etc. Nothing extreme. Never bootlooped it. Flashed it one time because I broke the tracker.

The USB door stood until mid 2015 and just broke. Replaced it with a new one. I will include the broken original one in the box too.

The unibody chassis has small cracks on both right corners. I don't remember it ever being hard dropped at all. I guess it happened over time. The phone in its seven years mostly saw the non humid dry weather of Middle Anatolia so the hardware is going good. Overall the body is in okay condition with some minor scratches and marks on the glass & white surface and some small scratches on the metal plating behind the phone which is naturally caused by putting the phone on hard surface. Never really used it with a case or cover. (The marks on the glass happened after a disassembly attempt of me trying to reach to the broken lock/power button.The marks are under the glass.)

The phone never saw real repairs on warranty or off warranty. No changed or replaced parts except for the broken door and the battery.

The phone hardware was generally tested as of 09/24/2019 on PR1.3

The screen glass as I said has little to no scratches and the amoled panel is working fine with no dead pixels or yellowing. Bright and colorful just like day 1. Maybe a very very small amount of burn-in? Can't really tell. Touch works as intended.

Unfortunately the lock button presses but is not working. It has been like this since 2015. Tried getting under the inner housing but it needs some heat gun in order to be opened and I don't have that kind of a tool and I don't want to risk braking the phone.

The phone boots by plugging it into an adapter. If the battery is drained it may need some time to properly boot up. The screen can be locked by the Lock Screen applet and double tap to wake works fine.

Wifi/Bt/Network: Works and connects fine.

Camera: All functions work including the front facing cam. Flashlight works.

Telephony&SMS: Everything works as intended. Both the speakers are fine. Calls are clear.

Proximity Sensor: Works fine.

Microphones: Working and sound through them is clear.

FM Radio: Works fine.

Audio Jack: Plugs and works fine. Even the AV cable from my old N85 works.

USB & PC Connection: Phone charges and transfers data without any problems.

Haptic Feedback: Works fine and still is very tactile and hapticy.

Battery: Has been replaced as of 19.02.2022. The old one had heavy voltage sag. The phone now can be used away from a charger.

What's missing and what's left

The plastic of the original USB data/charging cable decayed over time and usage. Also the Micro B plug was not connecting or charging properly so I threw it away. Any other quality Micro B cable should do fine.

The original charger is here and works fine.

The original earphones are in pristine condition. Tried them once out of curiousity to check the sound quality compared it with others and put back to its box. No, they are not a hygene hazard. They were clean and checked again just to be sure. If the buyer doesn't want them I'll not include them and the price will not change. But that's the buyers decision to make. Not the people who comment that my phone is in cr*p condition.

The original leather phone pouch is here.

The box and documentation is here as well as the receipt for the phone. Stored in a dry environment for years.

The phone overall is in daily drivable condition if needed.

You can find photos in this link. Tried to get it from every angle. Took some shots of the contents of the box as well.

I live in Turkey and my price is 100 Euros + Shipping.

You can PM me for details and if you're serious about buying we can further talk somewhere else and I can also live demo the phone to you as well.

This phone in my opinion was a way better, unique and convenient approach/embodiment as what an actually innovative mainstream smartphone would look like and for regular users to jump into the Linux ecosystem rather than Sailfish. Everywhere I took this phone would get glances from people around it. It was years ahead of anything even close to being "innovative" and could have easily destroyed the duopoly of iOS and Android with more improvement of the OS and hardware over the years. Sadly Nokia never truly realized that. This phone was the true and only mainstream iPhone killer.

The time I spent here and stuff I learned from this community was priceless for me. The moments I lived and captured with this phone was priceless as well. But it's time to backup the data and move on.
This phone will be listed exclusively on the forum for members who are looking for a White N9. You will not find any listings on this phone in other marketplaces. If the phone doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. I'm not after a quick buck or anything. Just to be clear.

Thanks for everything.
Attached Images

Last edited by Artyom; 2022-02-18 at 23:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
The USB door stood until mid 2015 and just broke. Bought a replacement. Waiting for it to ship.

The original earphones are almost in new condition. Used once or twice and put back to its box.

If you replace the battery I'm sure that it will go for at least a couple of years more.

My price is 150 Euros + Shipping. Bargaining is out of question.
Dream on it is almost 2020, this is not a collector's item as on Ebay it would be "Parts only" not working as intended. For hygiene reasons do not include used earphones, replacement USB door will be poor copy which is too flexible and any replacement battery will be stamped 2013/14. Sorry for being so negative but you are being slightly unrealistic with your pricing unfortunately.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
For hygiene reasons do not include used earphones.
Are you actually serious with this?

Its not the end of the world if nobody buys it. I’ll have it for myself. I’m not in a rush.

Last edited by Artyom; 2019-09-28 at 06:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Exactly.

I still have two of those, one was meant as possible replacement for my black one which only a few months ago broke its polycarbonate body (but still functioning) when opening the already glued doors.
And the other as collector item!
Both are in pristine, almost un-used (as new) condition and I would not let (one of them) go for below 250€.
And that matches more or less the only (collector's) one I found on the bay after a very brief search:
https://m.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N9-White...b-749e1a1551ce

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
And that matches more or less the only (collector's) one I found on the bay after a very brief search:
https://m.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N9-White...b-749e1a1551ce
Not quite sure how pricing of collector condition device relevant in relation to condition of OP's "Unicorn" offering @ €150, but good luck to seller.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2019-09-28 at 18:13. Reason: Spelling

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Well I guess my price wasn't so out of this world after all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Not quite sure how pricing of collector condition device relevant in relation to condition of OP's offering @ €150, but good luck to seller.
It's pretty relevant considering the price. But I'm not selling mine just for collectors. Anyone who wants a white N9 can buy it. I'm not listing it on ebay to get a quick buck because I want this phone to go to someone who will take care of it wether he or she uses it or stores it. I thought I made this part very clear in the first place.
I tried to explain with detail how the phone was used and what happened to it during its time. I guess I did the wrong thing by being very open about it.

"Unicorn"
Also are you claiming that mine is a rehoused fake? It seems that you are.

Last edited by Artyom; 2019-10-04 at 13:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

Also are you claiming that mine is a rehoused fake? It seems that you are.
I don't think it's meant that way. Made in Finland white 64gB N9s were rare. It's fair to only want to part with it for.a.reasonable price. That's how price is determined after all, the intersection of what seller will take and buyers will give. Good luck.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I don't think it's meant that way. Made in Finland white 64gB N9s were rare. It's fair to only want to part with it for.a.reasonable price. That's how price is determined after all, the intersection of what seller will take and buyers will give. Good luck.
The wear on the body alone is a proof but I took a photo of the box just incase. But it really seems like he is claiming that mine is a fake. S****ing on my post and not replying back etc. I know it’s a rare one but back in the day it wasn’t rare here. The black 64gb version was the one that was harder to get here. I even still have the receipt to further back it up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
The wear on the body alone is a proof but I took a photo of the box just incase. But it really seems like he is claiming that mine is a fake. S****ing on my post and not replying back etc. I know it’s a rare one but back in the day it wasn’t rare here. The black 64gb version was the one that was harder to get here. I even still have the receipt to further back it up.
He only clamed, correctly in my view, that the asking price was very high for the item's condition. About the earphones i also have to agree on the hygiene. You are happy with your idea and you can keep it like that. If someone will pay what you are asking it is their problem but you will have to admit that it will be the best sale of your life

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: