Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
But it really seems like he is claiming that mine is a fake. S****ing on my post and not replying back etc.
I am sorry that you have taken umbrage at my use of the term "Unicorn" which has been used affectionately ever since it became available as here:http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=496

You were indeed lucky that it was available in Turkey in numbers as never appeared in some markets and please note that at no time did I insinuate yours to be anything other than an original.

Can we please draw a line under this unpleasantness for the benefit of other forum members?

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2019-09-29 at 17:23. Reason: Spelling

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@aspergerguy
did you have a look at the author of the next post you linked to above?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...&postcount=497
just a coincidence?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
In Finland on an online secondhand shop these N9 phones are asked 20Eur to about 70Eur. If the condition is not prestine collector item I wonder why anyone should or would pay over a hundred for a phone with no support and with (as it seems) a lots of problems. N900 are asked about 60-70Eur but there have been the same on sale for the last year with that price, with boxes and stuff and on a working good condition. If you really like the phone I suggest you just continue playing with it and try to get money selling something else. I doubt you get the price you would like to get.

Edit: They sell N9 phones with 20-70Eur. Some ask more but it doesn't mean they get them sold. For some time there were N900 phones with a price tag 100-150Eur. Now they have dropped them to 70Eur but it is still too high price and they aren't sold. I have bought N900 phones with 20-30Eur and I always sent that offer to new sellers. Best buy was 3 working and 1 with only wifi N900 phones with 35Eur.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-09-29 at 21:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I would not let (one of them) go for below 250€.
And that matches more or less the only (collector's) one I found on the bay after a very brief search:
https://m.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N9-White...b-749e1a1551ce
Yes but you forget to take into account the rather important fact that that phone was *not* sold! I could put an ad for one of these rare N9s on eBay right now (if I had one), and ask €20.000 for it, but that doesn't make the device worth 20 grand (although I'd rather not delve into axiology). You can't base your (hypothetical) asking price on what someone's asked for it if they didn't actually manage to sell it at that price point!

Personally, I've been meaning to acquire a few things on eBay, but they keep on being listed at prices I consider way too high. Now, I have email notifications set up for whenever a new ad is posted with one of my wanted items, and what I've noticed over the past two-three years (sometimes you need a little patience...) is that the prices continue to go up. However, no one is buying those things! The only reason the prices are going up is because the eBay sellers are looking at the prices on the ads of their 'competitors' and thinking they could get away with asking 0,5% more, and then the competitors add 0,5% to their price, and so on, but the items are never actually sold at those prices! They're only inflating each other's bubbles.

Anyway, my apologies for further derailing the thread, and good luck to the OP. I, too, think the price is a bit on the steep side, but I have nothing but praise for the highly detailed and honest description of precisely what the potential buyer is going to get. Many sellers could learn a thing or two from you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Yes but you forget to take into account the rather important fact that that phone was *not* sold! I could put an ad for one of these rare N9s on eBay right now (if I had one), and ask €20.000 for it, but that doesn't make the device worth 20 grand (although I'd rather not delve into axiology). You can't base your (hypothetical) asking price on what someone's asked for it if they didn't actually manage to sell it at that price point!
Uh, oh, erm
Code:
 Positiv Von a***e (1) | 09. Sep. 2019 Nokia N9 White 64GB (so called "unicorn" phone) Made In Finland version Item received as described, fast delivery.Great seller! Would buy from him again
Anyway, my apologies for further derailing the thread, and good luck to the OP. I, too, think the price is a bit on the steep side, but I have nothing but praise for the highly detailed and honest description of precisely what the potential buyer is going to get. Many sellers could learn a thing or two from you.
TRUE!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
TRUE!
Thinking service oriented, the description alone is worth some part of the price.

I think what possibly derailed the price estimate was OPs mention of needing money. So maybe some of the suggestions to lower price might be seen to help a quick sale. Which is kind of a contradiction to his later statement to not let it go at any price imo.
I sense miscommunication

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Uh, oh, erm
Code:
 Positiv Von a***e (1) | 09. Sep. 2019 Nokia N9 White 64GB (so called "unicorn" phone) Made In Finland version Item received as described, fast delivery.Great seller! Would buy from him again
Wait, huh? The German eBay says the listing ended in text, and also simply says 'beendet' on the picture. The Dutch eBay says the listing ended in text, and has nothing on the picture (the ad looks identical to a normal one except it doesn't have the buttons to buy/bid). The UK eBay says the listing ended in text and on the picture. The US eBay, however says the listing ended in text, but has 'sold' on the picture, so I suppose this confirms that it was actually sold. Edit: and now I also found it in the 'sold' section by manually searching for it.

That being said, how do you know that that review is related to the phone? I can't see it anywhere on the page (not on the German version either), and on the seller's profile it's listed only as related to a private sale. Does eBay show different versions even of country-specific eBays depending on which country you're accessing them from? What a strange website.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Nice detective work! And really strange.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
price was very high for the item's condition.
No, it's not. And what about the "condition" of the phone? Pretty clean considering the usage. Way cleaner than most used ones I bet. It's a shame that we can't see detailed photos of other devices sold here. It would be clearer for you to comprehend that the phone is in pretty good shape.

About the earphones i also have to agree on the hygiene. You are happy with your idea and you can keep it like that.
I just tested and compared it with some of my other earbuds at home to check the sound quality and that is out of curiosity. I think that's fare in this case. My ear never liked on ear headphones anyway. If the buyer founds it to be disgusting I won't include it. But the price won't change as well. The only difference from a new one is that the wrap is opened on mine and the new one is wrapped really.

If someone will pay what you are asking it is their problem but you will have to admit that it will be the best sale of your life.
I have to agree to disagree on that. Sorry.

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post

Can we please draw a line under this unpleasantness for the benefit of other forum members?
Thank you.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Thinking service oriented, the description alone is worth some part of the price.

I think what possibly derailed the price estimate was OPs mention of needing money. So maybe some of the suggestions to lower price might be seen to help a quick sale. Which is kind of a contradiction to his later statement to not let it go at any price imo.
I sense miscommunication
Yes, I need money. But not immediately. Sorry if that part was misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification for some. Edited the first post. As I said I could get this on ebay and probably sell it faster and for the price I originally asked. But I don't want that.

Since most of you think the price is expensive and since it will only be listed here for members exclusively, fine I guess. Price dropped to 100 euros + shipping from the 150 that was asked.
Not everyone but I think some who disagreed will sleep better at night after this price drop.

And that will be the first and last drop for this. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. I'll just go and "dream on".

Thanks.

Last edited by Artyom; 2019-10-04 at 14:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Artyom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Thanks. I haven't slept for a couple of days . Good luck on the sale

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: