Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Interesting.

Just holding a ruler up to my monitor, although the device is of candybar-like proportions, the screen itself appears square! Make that keyboard slide, and you'd almost have my old Zaurus.

And I'm puzzled what they're trying to highlight in the picture of the red wipes across the keyboard. Is there some kind of hardware gesture control going on, or is it just to point out that real buttons? I guess that's possible: my car's (literal) radio buttons notice your fingers swiping across without pushing to briefly show the names of the presets on the dash display.
The screen is square! >> 4.5” 1440*1440 square screen makes you work and play comfortably.<< It's not a slider, for better or for worse. Blackberry Passport form-factor looks good... Especially if it's unlocked. What OS is it going to run? And, IP67 waterproof! What is the camera?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

[Edit]
Ah, Android... Hope the bootloader is unlocked. How difficult will it be to make/get a different ROM?
[/Edit]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Ah, Android... Hope the bootloader is unlocked. How difficult will it be to make/get a different ROM?
Their previous devices had an unlockable bootloader, but I don't think there were any efforts to get something other than Android running on them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, blackberry, portrait, qwerty