Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
ok listen up carefully !
so far we have been bickering with certain issues like maemo is gonna be dead soon or maemo is dead or will be dead soon ,i would say thats all wrong by now .
why ?
you might have noticed ,some one ( inean ) has managed to build sucha script with which now every harmattan app for N9/N950,can be adapted for N900/fremantle .For details check in here
http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents
qgil recently built miniature for harmattan and guess what it has been successfully ported to maemo /N900.details here http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents/Miniature
there is already a maintainer for N900 CE releases which is timoph,thanks to him .Now that we need some one who is willingly volunteered himself for maemo releases ( apps which are gonna be ported from harmattan to maemo ).so who wants to be one ?
volunteer yourself ( only if you know how to maintain packages ) and for further instructions contact to qgil .
thanks and please be a part of this as thats how maemo is gonna proceed in a right direction.
cheers and ciao !

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i just talked to inean and see yourself what he says ..
i asked him :
sorry i forgot to ask some thing about meego UI theme ,how to get it working on N900 ?? any future plans ? i saw the gallery demo video but i have no idea how to get it working on N900 smoothly/easily ?so if you could demonstrate things on forum or here .i would really suggest please post a new thread on maemo.org and your work dimensions so that we can learn/expect as if more and more is coming in future .

he replied :

there's info on meego forums about how to replace base theme by blanco one. its not an end user approach but, unfortunately blanco theme and nokia fonts are copyrighted and couldn`t be distributed in the open.

look and feel is secondary if there's no apps backported to maemo5.

Thats the priority know: Attract harmattan developers to backport their apps to maemo5 or create a community of maintainers just like debian or fedora who backport harmattan apps to maemo

salu2.

i dont know who to contact on maemo.org ,but if some credible person is watching this ,please consider this .i dont know how to be a maintainer else i could be the one .Council members need to take a look at this .
i am doing my best for the better future of maemo /maemo.org.But i wish if some one else could part in too .
c'mon people ,do something .

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I will be backporting both my existing and future Harmattan applications to Fremantle. I'm currently preparing cuteTube for submission to the Harmattan Ovi Store, which should hopefully be done this week. After that, I will start work on porting to Fremantle. I will then do the same for my MusiKloud application.

If time allows, I may be interested in backporting some other applications in cases where the original developers do not wish to do so.

My website

GitHub

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Do you think it would be feasible to backport some apps to diablo?

I am currently trying to get QT 4.7.4 work on diablo (successfully built 4.7.3, not tested on actual device due to the touchscreen failure).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I will be backporting both my existing and future Harmattan applications to Fremantle. I'm currently preparing cuteTube for submission to the Harmattan Ovi Store, which should hopefully be done this week. After that, I will start work on porting to Fremantle. I will then do the same for my MusiKloud application.

If time allows, I may be interested in backporting some other applications in cases where the original developers do not wish to do so.
attaboy the way to go, hey many thanks we all i am sure very appreciate your hard work !!! really !!!!.

This is looking promising wow.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
i just talked to inean and see yourself what he says ..
i asked him :
sorry i forgot to ask some thing about meego UI theme ,how to get it working on N900 ?? any future plans ? i saw the gallery demo video but i have no idea how to get it working on N900 smoothly/easily ?so if you could demonstrate things on forum or here .i would really suggest please post a new thread on maemo.org and your work dimensions so that we can learn/expect as if more and more is coming in future .

he replied :

there's info on meego forums about how to replace base theme by blanco one. its not an end user approach but, unfortunately blanco theme and nokia fonts are copyrighted and couldn`t be distributed in the open.

look and feel is secondary if there's no apps backported to maemo5.

Thats the priority know: Attract harmattan developers to backport their apps to maemo5 or create a community of maintainers just like debian or fedora who backport harmattan apps to maemo

salu2.

i dont know who to contact on maemo.org ,but if some credible person is watching this ,please consider this .i dont know how to be a maintainer else i could be the one .Council members need to take a look at this .
i am doing my best for the better future of maemo /maemo.org.But i wish if some one else could part in too .
c'mon people ,do something .
i'll fix your usb port if it goes wonky FREE !!!.

All i can do i will do.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
qgvdial and caltrain work on Fremantle and Harmattan.
If someone is able to make Qt 4.7.x work on Diablo, I can port both there as well.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
great this is what i have been looking for ,lol its been 3 hours that i have been away ,had to go to gym,all the way i was just thinking/hoping oh God please dont make me say that ''i am so disappointed guys''but nevertheless this is one great community and this is maemo revival .
one more request : if CSSU team could manage to implement meego UI on current fremantle theme , i know MAG is very much familiar with the inean's post on meego forum ,there has been stated that N900 can adopt meego UI theme ,it would look like N9 ,Qt interface and thats incredibly amazing .So Cssu team if you could/could not do so ,let us know ,please !
i am currently in touch with inean and let me know if you guys having any probs regarding anything ..for more info:http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?p=29646&postcount=1
besides all this : We need a maintainer for maemo releases ,please some one step up as soon as possible .
Abill_uk if you could one thing '' please dont ever say that maemo is dead /maemo.org is dead '' it is quite alive and yeah you/me/every one will keep it alive unless there is time''thank you !
We still need our maintainer for maemo releases,there could be a different catalouge etc etc ,so some one step up ,please maytes ))

momcilo i have not seen any work for diablo lately in terms of collaboration with meego interface,stskeeps never mentioned diablo in his targets ,besides i will try to tell you as soon as possible about the chances for diablo adaptation for meego .ciao

isnt there any one available to be a maintainer of new harmattan apps which will eventually run on maemo ?
Or simply we dont need it ? gosh devs are responding pretty well in order to make backports of their projects/apps for maemo5,what if some one could step up and could make things even easier ?
any one OR no one ?