Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
I have a problem to update my Jolla Tablet over terminal.
Code:
[root@Sailfish ssu]# ssu re
Device release is currently: 2.1.0.9
[root@Sailfish ssu]# version --dup
REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
Refreshing: 97% (remaining: 5s)
Message: adaptation0: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
adaptation1: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
aliendalvik: Store credentials not received. Failed to activate service 'com.jolla.jollastore': timed out
customer-jolla: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
sailfish-eas: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
store: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
xt9: Store credentials not received. Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=373300ms)
UPGRADING SYSTEM
Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=3306ms)
FINISHING

NO UPDATES FOUND. Try again later.
What is wrong here?

My Jolla credentials a re in /etc/ssu/ssu.ini
I can"t boot the tablet to Sailfish UI, but i can SSH to it.

I solved the problem:

Code:
mv /etc/ssu/ssu.ini /etc/ssu/ssu.orig
ssu ur
ssu re 2.1.0.9
version —dup
zypper ref; zypper up
you can move the old /etc/ssu/ssu.ini back afterwards

Last edited by explit; 2017-02-09 at 19:32. Reason: Problem solved

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaari View Post
Also Cutespot don't work. Starts, but don't play music.
I noticed this. The volume control adjusts ringtone volume too, not main volume, which I think means that the system doesn't recognize that CuteSpot is a music player. I thought it might just need a rebuild under Qt5.6, but I can't find the libspotify bundle anywhere - they've removed it. I think CuteSpot is pretty dead until/unless Spotify release their new API

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
I guess every new update will have issues.
That's what Early Access is for - it's a beta release for users who want to help track those last remaining issues down, and to give app developers chance to adjust their apps. 2.1 is a big one - the Qt update will cause lots of compatibility problems, especially with 3rd party apps.

I think so many people are on EA these days that this has been lost a bit, but if you need things to be release quality then it would be far less frustrating to simply opt back out of the Early Access programme and wait for the official release. It's not usually a long wait between the two.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is the 'j' pronounced like in English, then? I would pronounce Iijoki as 'ee-yo-ki'.
ee-yo-ki is a good approximation (with the stress on the first syllable). For more Finnish alphabet lessons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAc8Z4pfhFo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
I noticed huge increase in performance / multitasking. Left 15 apps open for an hour, both native and android, like Opera, video on LLs playing in the background, couple of browsers, and still almost no lag, all apps are instantly working after taping on them. Before the update even 3 open apps were causing problems.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
hi! yesterday i had a problem with this update..
had appeared in the system update, then when I tried to download it I got an error as "impossible to detect the file size" after which I tried to install another app to see if the connection and credentials worked .. all ok .. but after that operation has disappeared notice of update from system update, when I search for new updates, no longer able to connect, it remains fixed the message "waiting for connection" ..
I have a jolla 1, I checked the login credentials and they are ok, of course i'm an early adopter .. I also tried a refresh .. maybe I should reinstall the settings menu? I did it once from terminal but do not remember how ..
Can someone help me?
thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to crisbort For This Useful Post:
Has anyone tested OKBoard with this new release by any chance?

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Quick test shows it working.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by wrm View Post
I noticed huge increase in performance / multitasking...
With the Jolla phone?

That's great news, it's really important for Sailfish uphold its reputation for being lighter on resources - Sailfish can't do the Android thing where manufacturers just double the specs each year, because there aren't as many vendors shipping Sailfish devices - realistically most phones running Sailfish have either mid-range specs when new, or they are devices with flagship specs that used to run Android, which take a long time to develop working ports.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
i am still waiting for 2.0.5.6 whatever update on my int*x aqua fish.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sfos upgrade