Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Everything is working on my device, but please report back and tell if anything is OK after this change. Sorry for this extra dependency, I seem to have left it by mistake.
Thanks, working fine now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaari For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I have just published a new release of the server. This version introduces the support for route calculations. Thus, together with a client, you could use it for offline navigation by car, bicycle, or while walking. The changelog will be added to the first post when it will be updated.

As a reference, route calculation for shorter distances takes few seconds on a device (I use it on Nexus 4). For example, Stockholm -> Malmö (600 km) is about 15 seconds. Route calculation from Stockholm to Aarhus (950 km) would take about 45 seconds.

Since it can take significant amount of time, the client program has to be a bit more patient with timeouts. See https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-maps/issues/23 for a reference and how to patch Poor Maps to work around it.

There are also changes that allow you to tweak label rendering (thanks to @Karry!). These are under advanced settings. Use caution while experimenting with them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
With the latest release of Poor Maps, there is no need anymore to add plugins from the thirdparty folder into your .local/shared/harbour-poor-maps folder. To avoid confusion, its probably better to use official Poor Maps plugins to interact with the server.

After exposing routing functionality of the libosmscout library, there are more issues with the stability of the server. For example, @otsaloma has submitted the cases where either the server crashed https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/31 or was not able to find the route https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues/32 .

It seems to me that there were not that many users of routing functionality of the library so far and we are one of the first ones. This is, in general, not a problem as long as we help to fix the bugs and make the library better. The principal developer of the library - Tim Teulings (@Framstag) - is very active and is resolving the issues rather quickly. For example, during a week he was able to: [1] fix the issue related to suggesting illegal turns and the routes were only public transport can go; [2] propose a fix to an issue leading to segfault of the server in a case reported by @otsaloma. These fixes would be released with the next version of the server.

So, I would like to ask you to file the issues that you have. Please try to get an URL that leads to a problem. I will try to react in timely manner and either fix them myself or report upstream in a way that would allow Tim to reproduce and fix it.

In addition, please keep the library installed on your PCs. Some fixes, such as the ones related to taking illegal turns, would require regeneration of the maps. So, you would have to get a newer version of the library (git pull), compile and install it again, and then reimport the maps. One of the tasks that I am planning to resolve is related to simplifying this cycle by providing an Import tool, but such cycle is needed until its done.

We are not yet in the stage where everything is working as it should. But, with all of our help, the library and the server could be improved significantly.

The current issues and my todo list are shown under https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/issues

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I am getting following error when trying to install from Warehouse.
Any ideas/help what I am doing wrong?

Jolla-C and 2.0.4.14
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
You are the second user who has this problem - I have received earlier report via OpenRepos.

I have just tested it on my Nexus 4 and I can install the server without a problem. This was tested on an SFOS image that I built earlier today for 2.0.4.13 (for ported devices we have a scratchbox that corresponds to .13 version). I have libgomp-4.8.3-1.2.5 installed as a dependency. [I don't own any official device and I cannot test it on jolla].

I suspect that your repos need to be refreshed (maybe Jolla refreshed gomp recently?). Try to run from command line:

pkcon refresh
pkcon search name libgomp

and see if the library is available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
I installed without problems from Warehouse. It's not easy to import maps for this moment :-)

JollaC(exAquaFish), v.2.0.4.14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
I am getting following error when trying to install from Warehouse.
Any ideas/help what I am doing wrong?

Jolla-C and 2.0.4.14
I had the same problem. I believe you need to refresh all repos first ('pkcon ref' should do) - at least I think that solved it for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:

pkcon refresh
pkcon search name libgomp
Thanks!

Refresh helped and after that i could see libgomp and able to install OSM Scout Server from Warehouse!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
So, I would like to ask you to file the issues that you have. Please try to get an URL that leads to a problem. I will try to react in timely manner and either fix them myself or report upstream in a way that would allow Tim to reproduce and fix it.
Just to add to this, if you're using Poor Maps, the way to get the URL, is to run Poor Maps via the terminal with command

Code:
sailfish-qml harbour-poor-maps
Among the output will be something like

Code:
Requesting http://localhost:8553/v1/route?type=car&p[0][search]=Helsinki&p[1][lng]=24.811749&p[1][lat]=60.218380
and similar for search and nearby venues. That's the URL to look for. You can also save the output to file by using command

Code:
sailfish-qml harbour-poor-maps > poor-maps.log 2>&1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
I have just published a new release: 0.3.0.

0.3.0 release is built against libosmscout release https://github.com/rinigus/libosmsco...0.git.20161110 . I am going to tag libosmscout versions, so you could always build corresponding Import tool.

For end users, the main change is in fixing multiple bugs related to routing in the libosmscout library by its authors: segfault at certain conditions reported by @otsaloma (thank you!), taking the wrong turns, and few others.

There are several important changes "under the hood". I am using now GNU Libmicrohttpd to provide HTTP backend. As a result, the clients can use up to 100 connections served using as many threads as there are CPUs on your device. The limit of connections is hard-coded, but if there is a huge interest in specifying it as an option, I will add it. This change should simplify the client's side of communication since it would not have to worry about exceeding the limit.

The server is now built using static linking to libosmscout, marisa, and libmicrohttpd. Its mainly done for two reasons: libosmscout API is changing as it is developed leading to incompatibilities between the versions; there is no need for other RPMs as you install the server. After an upgrade, I suggest to remove libosmscout-qt and libmarisa from your devices. I am planning to drop these packages from OpenRepos a bit later when users would move to 0.3.0 or later release.

NB! When you start using a new version, please update the maps! Few bugs were fixed in libosmscout library by fixing an importer. So, to get these fixes, you would have to update the maps with the latest version.

I have added a session log (see Settings to enable it). You could use it when reporting bugs to get the corresponding URL.

If your favorite client does not support routing yet, but supports GPX, you could now calculate the route and save the result in GPX format (see URL parameters in server GitHub project page).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles