I have a notification for a voicemail that I can't get rid of. If I long press every other notification gets a cross next to it except the voicemail. If I pull down instead of getting a pulley menu I get quick settings (I'm sure there used to be a 'Clear All' option in a pulley menu there). Even though I don't have voicemail set up I added the voicemail number of my service provider in the settings hoping I'd be able to press the notification, dial the number and that would clear it but that didn't work either.

Any ideas of how to get rid of the damn thing?

The "Clear all" is in the pulley menu after you have long pressed on a notification (pull down when the X's are visible).

But if that doesn't help, you could try deleting /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Notifications/notifications.db

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
afaik you can't remove voicemail notification without listening it

Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
The "Clear all" is in the pulley menu after you have long pressed on a notification (pull down when the X's are visible).
Yes, you're right. Unfortunately that still only deleted all the other notifications but left the voicemail

I'll try your other suggestion later when I'm at home and can ssh into my Jolla, I find the terminal on the phone too fiddly.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
afaik you can't remove voicemail notification without listening it
This is the thing, with my service provider you can dial a number to disable voicemail and I did that when I first joined their service. I have never had a voicemail before and I shouldn't really be getting one now. I put the voicemail number in the settings and tried pressing the notification to dial the number in the hope that would get rid of it but of course it took me to an automated message telling me how to set up voicemail (which I didn't want to do) so I ended the call but the notification is still there.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
This is the thing, with my service provider you can dial a number to disable voicemail and I did that when I first joined their service. I have never had a voicemail before and I shouldn't really be getting one now. I put the voicemail number in the settings and tried pressing the notification to dial the number in the hope that would get rid of it but of course it took me to an automated message telling me how to set up voicemail (which I didn't want to do) so I ended the call but the notification is still there.
Did you try with another phone? Do you get a permanent voicemail notification there too? You don't seem to be the only one either: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-my-voicemail/

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
but of course it took me to an automated message telling me how to set up voicemail
I think some VM systems allow someone to leave you voice message even if you haven't setup the greetings, etc. When you call from your phone, you get the setup instructions, but if you try calling your number from a different phone, you maybe able to leave message for yourself.

You may need to go through the VM setup and listen to the message. Once you listen to the voice message, if your provider automatically tag it as read, the notification should go away. You don't have to delete the voice message. If that didn't work, delete the message and the notification should go away.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I think some VM systems allow someone to leave you voice message even if you haven't setup the greetings, etc.
It wasn't simply the case I hadn't set up the PIN and greeting, I'd specifically turned voicemail off as per these instructions. I've been with giffgaff around 18 months and had never had a voicemail before so I'm sure it was deactivated.

However, somehow voicemail had been re-enabled and it turned out my partner had pocket-dialled my number, when I collected the message I'd actually got a four minute recording of her talking about me to my youngest son. Ironically she was complaining I never have my phone turned on when she's trying to call me

Anyway the notification is gone now and I've redialled the number to deactivate voicemail again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post: