I'm pretty sure there were tweaks done on previous maemos that enabled mouse support, as for maemo 5, will officially support bt mouse devices? (Hopefully this is a yes)

I'm also curious about this. It would be a fantastic tool to be able to use open office with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Its one of the few things I'm unhappy about with my current NIT.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Seriously. That and a portable external screen, and BT keyboard. It's great in that you'd be able to optionally use the N900 as a portable workstation for more serious tasks (document editing/command-line work/coding/picture editing/etc).

Personally, I would prefer carying this setup around to my netbook.

This is a VERY niche application though, so I wouldn't expect official support on this!

}:^)~

well they already have tv-out and bt keyboard support. why not complete the package with a mouse support. but i guess eventually there will be hacks done to make this work. yeah i would love to have this replace my netbook as a portable workstation. haha

The Following User Says Thank You to byronpc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by byronpc View Post
...as for maemo 5, will officially support bt mouse devices?
Bug 1897 - Mouse support (Bluetooth and USB support) - Fixed in Fremantle

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
w00t! I see!!

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
This is simply awesome...

}:^]~

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15111

This enables the mouse in the N800 and N810 for Diablo and Chinook. So I guess it won't be too hard to hack (if at all necessary) in maemo 5.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
very curious to see how this works, I'm new to tablets and maemo 5. Any video examples of this in action?

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
would it be possible to plug-in a USB keyboard ? i mean, like the small Nokia accessory one...if they release one for the N900

Tags
bluetooth, maemo, mouse