So I have been searching online for someone to sell a decently priced 4gb minisd class 6, but everywhere I look it is out of stock. Today I noticed a review on a newegg.com thread from a user claiming that they contacted Kingston and that these cards are possibly being discontinued.

I do not know if this is true, especially since I can't find any news or posting anywhere else stating that. Does anyone else have more details on this situation? Is miniSD on its way out as a viable format?

Originally Posted by paps View Post
So I have been searching online for someone to sell a decently priced 4gb minisd class 6, but everywhere I look it is out of stock. Today I noticed a review on a newegg.com thread from a user claiming that they contacted Kingston and that these cards are possibly being discontinued.

I do not know if this is true, especially since I can't find any news or posting anywhere else stating that. Does anyone else have more details on this situation? Is miniSD on its way out as a viable format?
I am using the Patriot 4GB and have had no problems. I got it from newegg for about $22 shipped.

I think Nokia made a very poor choice with the miniSD. It isn't really that much smaller than a full size SD card. And why didn't they just go with the micoSD if they were looking to save space? It seems to be much more common place. I have yet to see a local brick and mortar shop that carries the miniSD. I see plenty of the MicroSD, but never the miniSD. I think our best hope is to buy microSD cards with the miniSD adapter.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
How many do you want to buy, $28.75 shipped, http://www.meritline.com/kingston-4g...adapters.html?. I know it is NOT miniSD. But this 4G microSD come with SD/miniSD adapters and worked fine with me for over 3 months.

bun

Yea, two stores I was looking at for a good price was meritline and adorama, but they are out of stock.

I wouldn't mind using a micro with an adapter, my cell phone is microSD and I agree that micro is a better size/standard but something tells me Nokia just got a patent discount for using the miniSD...

In any case, I'm trying to avoid the adapter route since I've been reading about a number of hit or miss issues using a microSD plus adapter. If I must get a microSD that's fine but what is Kingston's deal with the miniSD and is it really being discontinued?