Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Yesterday I signed up for the Samsung Galaxy SIII Blue. I had to do it. I've been a Nokia man since the mobile phone was a brick, and even a suitcase like thing.. We all know Nokia is like a wondering child in the night at the moment, Maybe some one will pass by and find that child and take it back to were it belongs.... But for now they have nothing to offer... the N9 is one of the biggest flops I've ever seen in the world of mobile phones. Watching their promo video I wanted one so bad it was untrue... then BANG... no N9 for the UK market....WHAT THE F*** is that all about..????

Maemo.org has been the best thing that's happened to the N900 this is the heart and soul of smart phone life style.. And I wish to thank everyone involved in tuning my quiet a basic smart phone into the bomb that it now is...

So I should have the Samsung on the 1st of June an to what I can tell by the videos on Youtube and also the SII before it this smart phone is going to be a killer.

I will be placing my in perfect order N900 on the bay once I have my Samsung so look out for it. and it really is in near perfect order ie 1 tiny scratch on the case, the kick stand dont flick like new but still sits happy in home position, 2400mAh battery ( dam site better than the Nokia battery.) Screen has never been touched, it as always had protectors on from brand new... it a worth while thing to look out for...

there is only one issue I could never sort out and that was the email accounts on the phone would never update them selves every 5 mins.. no matter what I did it just never would! but Im sure some one knows the answer to that little issue.

Loz. :-)

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

GL & HFten f*uckin white chars
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
[..] Watching their promo video I wanted one so bad it was untrue... then BANG... no N9 for the UK market....WHAT THE F*** is that all about..????[..]
You could have bought one from EBAY.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
well living within the uk, i was unsure if i should get a n9 but i ordered mine over amazon and i was able to get a 64gb black n9 for only £365, so you might still wanna consider the n9... btw i got mine last month and im still loving it.

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
Since you are getting S3 on 1June i would suggest Not to sell N900 till 1July.
My be the SIII wont be what its cracked up to be... yes I will see but its quick and as long as it does what it says on the tin... that will do for me..

All I want in a smart phone is Internet radio, email, skype, MSN, music player, text and fast internet... as long as these work without waiting for loading... then Im happy.

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Originally Posted by mohi2k7 View Post
well living within the uk, i was unsure if i should get a n9 but i ordered mine over amazon and i was able to get a 64gb black n9 for only £365, so you might still wanna consider the n9... btw i got mine last month and im still loving it.
Good price yes from Amazon, but I think the light inside me for playing with the os and trying to learn commands has dimmed... And the N9 is on that par with the N900 in that way... hence why I think the SIII will be ready to go apart from adding a few apps, in short hobby and hastle free its just a smart phone...and it does just that I hope.

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
You could have bought one from EBAY.
I don't think it's always wise to purchase high dollar items, such as a Nokia N9 from places like eBay. I'd suggest using Amazon, Expansys and the like instead. Plenty of places in the UK to purchase a N9.

Regardless, congrats on your purchase. You're part of the 9 million folks that pre-purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I don't think it's always wise to purchase high dollar items, such as a Nokia N9 from places like eBay. I'd suggest using Amazon, Expansys and the like instead. Plenty of places in the UK to purchase a N9.

Regardless, congrats on your purchase. You're part of the 9 million folks that pre-purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII.
Well maybe if the drive of linux kicks me once the SIII is in my hands I might sell it and get hold of a N9 from Amazon... but I'll wait and see..Heck I've waited this long anyway.

Loz.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Good price yes from Amazon, but I think the light inside me for playing with the os and trying to learn commands has dimmed... And the N9 is on that par with the N900 in that way... hence why I think the SIII will be ready to go apart from adding a few apps, in short hobby and hastle free its just a smart phone...and it does just that I hope.

Loz.
I understand completely. I just figured out the N9 cannot have attachments to e-mails longer than 5 MB. The solution was opening xterm, modding a obscure conf file in vi and voilą. Some years ago this was fun, but now? Things are getting old. Besides, not being able to attach files larger than 5 MB by default? WTF!!! What kind of smartphone is that?

I still like gadgets though, but on a more "higher" level I guess. Being able to actually use the device for real things is more important than modding files right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:

Tags
tizen comes