Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
also for anyone that wants a faster answer am usually on #sailfishos-porters
Hi, Let me introduce myself to you. I am a silent watcher on this great site for years since my first N9. I am not a developer or anywhere near there, but I still managed to follow almost regularly whats happening here. I love Nokia phones but not Android. That's the reason I am here. I use Jolla 1 and AquaFish with SFOS as my daily driver.
I found a news reported on the following link that Nokia is willing to unlock their new Android devices, one at a time.

https://nokiapoweruser.com/hmd-willi...nokia-android/

Is it possible at all to see SFOS ported to New Nokia phones when they unlock bootloaders?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mkpal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mkpal View Post
Is it possible at all to see SFOS ported to New Nokia phones when they unlock bootloaders?
Anything is possible, but I wouldn't bank on it. A lot more is required than just an unlocked bootloader: chipset compatibility/blobs/drivers, hoping there's either vendor support or some kind of program like with Sony and Jolla, or some brave adventurers making strides in the HADK.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mkpal View Post
Hi, Let me introduce myself to you. I am a silent watcher on this great site for years since my first N9. I am not a developer or anywhere near there, but I still managed to follow almost regularly whats happening here. I love Nokia phones but not Android. That's the reason I am here. I use Jolla 1 and AquaFish with SFOS as my daily driver.
I found a news reported on the following link that Nokia is willing to unlock their new Android devices, one at a time.

https://nokiapoweruser.com/hmd-willi...nokia-android/

it should be possible, but it requires work

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
German article describing the install process of the community version.
http://sailfishmods.de/2017/10/howto...-installieren/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
Look at the top-answer of this post. Works perfectly on Xperia X too
Does the recovery method work for Xperia X as well?

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Successfully upgraded to 2.1.2.3 OTA.
  • Scrolling in gallery seems to be more responsive
  • switched to the old terminal application
I fif the upgrade and the icons of Jolla apps are gone. Additionally, some icons in the keyboard (back, shift etc) and at the top (LTE, WiFi etc) are missing...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caluna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
What's is everyone thoughts on getting an android runtime going. I plan on getting the official supported AD, however I am thinking of people that can't purchase because of country restrictions or other limitations. We have sf-droid and anbox. Anyone skilled enough to look into getting this a shot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxunux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Does the recovery method work for Xperia X as well?
Go into fastboot mode and run fastboot boot recovery hybris-recovery.img (obviously while in the directory of the hybris-recovery.img) to boot into recovery. (if you've flashed hybris-recovery.img you can also boot into recovery by holding volume-down while turning the device on) Everything after that is exactly like on other Jolla devices.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
Go into fastboot mode and run fastboot boot recovery hybris-recovery.img (obviously while in the directory of the hybris-recovery.img) to boot into recovery. (if you've flashed hybris-recovery.img you can also boot into recovery by holding volume-down while turning the device on) Everything after that is exactly like on other Jolla devices.
Yeah, I got that far, I was just unable to telnet into the device using the IP listed on Jolla's documentation. The ethernet device it created got a 192.168.2.x address. I nmapped the range to find other devices up, and found the phone on .15. Still no telnet. Seems a little odd to me, but I'll experiment with it. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
German article describing the install process of the community version.
http://sailfishmods.de/2017/10/howto...-installieren/
yano what, there so good am gonna reference them :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: