A new version of Kagu Media Player for maemo is out! You can download it here:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/kagu/

* Added Artists and All Songs views
* ScrollWidget now support really really really long lists
* Improved Album Art view (default to 300*X now)
* Plenty of bugfixes

Everyone currently running a previous version should upgrade as this release is an all around better performer.

A special thanks this week to disq for rolling our release out to the extras repository yet again! I tried doing it myself this week, but I found I was missing some access privileges. disq, I promise I'll get that fixed so you don't have to keep doing this for us every release!

Thanks!

hi trevarthan,

THANK YOU and the TEAM for another valuable update! The album/artist/allsongs view is great, scrolling works perfect, and I think I get used to the "Playlist" idea slowly (after whining about the changes from the 1.0.4 behaviour...---))))

One question: is it necessary that the "Erase Playlist" Icon is only showing up when one is actually looking at the playlist? I find myself often scanning the library, finding something better then the current playlist, wanting to override the playlist, and so I have to make some klicks to go into the playlist, the icon is there now, erase it, and go back to the library to look for the new content...
I do not see a reason why the clear playlist icon could not be present all the time?

all the best, karl.

Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
hi trevarthan,

THANK YOU and the TEAM for another valuable update! The album/artist/allsongs view is great, scrolling works perfect, and I think I get used to the "Playlist" idea slowly (after whining about the changes from the 1.0.4 behaviour...---))))

One question: is it necessary that the "Erase Playlist" Icon is only showing up when one is actually looking at the playlist? I find myself often scanning the library, finding something better then the current playlist, wanting to override the playlist, and so I have to make some klicks to go into the playlist, the icon is there now, erase it, and go back to the library to look for the new content...
I do not see a reason why the clear playlist icon could not be present all the time?

all the best, karl.
Let me think about this for a while. I feel your pain, and I sort of like this idea. But we've got precious little screen space as-is and we've got other buttons planned. Let me think about it.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
Thanks for the update. Other than the browser this is my most used app on the n800. Keep up the great work.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My problem with the language teaching files has sort of gone away. I can run them now without crashing Kagu!

It doesn't show the picture that accompanies the word, and it seems awfully slow, and Canola doesn't have these problems. So I'll use Canola for the language stuff, but I can use Kagu for other things...

I wish there was a way I could tell Kagu to ignore the language files altogether, though they are mp3's, because it takes an awful long time for Kagu to read them in.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
... ... ...

I wish there was a way I could tell Kagu to ignore the language files altogether, though they are mp3's, because it takes an awful long time for Kagu to read them in.
First let me add my "Thanks!" to the authors of Kagu. I really appreciate the efforts you've put into creating such a great programme.

I have a similar problem with Kagu showing many .mp3 files I'd rather Kagu not handle.

Am I missing something or is there a way to tell Kagu which sub-directories on the SD card to scan? I put all my music .mp3 files that I want handled by Kagu in a structure under "music" and all other .mp3 files under a separate sub-directory structure "audio". I would like Kagu to only look under "music" and ignore everything under "audio".

Is this possible? If not, could it be considered?

Thanks again for a great programme!

Originally Posted by SkwrHdz View Post
First let me add my "Thanks!" to the authors of Kagu. I really appreciate the efforts you've put into creating such a great programme.

I have a similar problem with Kagu showing many .mp3 files I'd rather Kagu not handle.

Am I missing something or is there a way to tell Kagu which sub-directories on the SD card to scan? I put all my music .mp3 files that I want handled by Kagu in a structure under "music" and all other .mp3 files under a separate sub-directory structure "audio". I would like Kagu to only look under "music" and ignore everything under "audio".

Is this possible? If not, could it be considered?

Thanks again for a great programme!
Yeah, I thought we had a ticket for that already, but I guess not, so here it is: https://www.guardiani.us/projects/ka...et/109#preview

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My problem with the language teaching files has sort of gone away. I can run them now without crashing Kagu!

It doesn't show the picture that accompanies the word, and it seems awfully slow, and Canola doesn't have these problems. So I'll use Canola for the language stuff, but I can use Kagu for other things...
What do you mean by "awfully slow"? The widget takes a long time to scroll to the bottom of the list? (i.e. no scrollbar for fast scrolling) Or, the widget scrolls slower than usual because there are so many items in the list? Or what?

Does canola show the picture?

I'm trying to grasp the root of the problem here.

Another satisfied customer, great work! My issue with the scroller has been corrected thanks.

I seem to remember that there were postings about being able to save the playlist. If that request isn't on the TODO list, I would like to submit it as a formal request.

QUOTE "Am I missing something or is there a way to tell Kagu which sub-directories on the SD card to scan? I put all my music .mp3 files that I want handled by Kagu in a structure under "music" and all other .mp3 files under a separate sub-directory structure "audio". I would like Kagu to only look under "music" and ignore everything under "audio". UNQUOTE

My problem, as I've noted under another related thread, is not that the Kagu scan is identifying too many mp3 items, but that it's not identifying enough. It seemingly only finds my albums, not mp3 music that has not been entered and stored on my mmc cards in integral album form. I still don't understand why a scan doesn't show all of these.