This looks very good. Anyone knows how to save the playlist. Are there any plans to add genres, artist... or is it there or already and I just don't know how to use it yet? But I mostly need to save my playlist. Thx

Originally Posted by sidofren View Post
This looks very good. Anyone knows how to save the playlist. Are there any plans to add genres, artist... or is it there or already and I just don't know how to use it yet? But I mostly need to save my playlist. Thx
Nope, not yet: https://www.guardiani.us/projects/kagu/ticket/94
Genres? Yeah, there's a ticket for that: https://www.guardiani.us/projects/kagu/ticket/45

Looks like we've got a mix of playlist and theme functionality scheduled for 1.0.7. It may be too much work for one release, so we might have to pick one or the other and save the rest for 1.0.8. we'll see.

Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
The viewing area is 530x480, so anything that size or larger would take up the whole area.

Edit: BTW, 300x300 makes a nice compromise between viewability and file size.
BTW, since this is true, I've decided to make 300xH (where H is the height proportional to width where width = 300px) the default for album cover art with smaller than 300px width. 300xH isn't too pixelated. It looks pretty good. This change will make it into the next release.

Can I stream music from my Mac using this app? If so, how?

Originally Posted by Tu13es View Post
Can I stream music from my Mac using this app? If so, how?
No. Not yet anyway. I don't have a whole lot of interest in this myself as I use my n800 like an ipod with local storage. But I wouldn't mind a bit if someone from the community added UPnP or streaming audio support to Kagu.

We've got a ticket already for streaming audio (think, Gnump3d): https://www.guardiani.us/projects/kagu/ticket/73

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
trevarthan -

I've noticed one little hiccup in 1.0.6 that I don't remember hearing before, but then there wasn't a playlist or skip-ahead feature. After I add an album or songs to the playlist and play through A2DP, I get skipping every 8-10 seconds, but only if Kagu is the forefront app. If I minimize it and go to the desktop, than the playback is flawless. I have no other apps running, so Kagu should have the whole CPU to itself, Wifi is off.

This is strange, it seems like it should be the other way around. Maybe there is some type of polling going on in playlist mode that is consuming the CPU...I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the right terminology. Hopefully you can duplicate this behavior, or someone else has noticed it...

Originally Posted by orbitalcomp View Post
trevarthan -

I've noticed one little hiccup in 1.0.6 that I don't remember hearing before, but then there wasn't a playlist or skip-ahead feature. After I add an album or songs to the playlist and play through A2DP, I get skipping every 8-10 seconds, but only if Kagu is the forefront app. If I minimize it and go to the desktop, than the playback is flawless. I have no other apps running, so Kagu should have the whole CPU to itself, Wifi is off.

This is strange, it seems like it should be the other way around. Maybe there is some type of polling going on in playlist mode that is consuming the CPU...I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the right terminology. Hopefully you can duplicate this behavior, or someone else has noticed it...
We lowered the amount of time per cycle that Kagu sleeps in 1.0.6 trying to improve scroll widget responsiveness. Unfortunately, it causes playback problems with A2DP (sleep less = chew up more CPU) and it makes charging a bit less effective while kagu is in the foreground. Not to mention the fact that it reduces battery life. I'm not happy with it either. I don't think it was worth it. We'll probably be removing the change for 1.0.7 and going back to the old behavior.

Thanks for the quick reply...I hope you do change back, it worked much better before. I've been listening now for about an hour and a half, streaming over A2DP to a pair of BT speakers, and it hasn't skipped at all...but I do have Kagu minimized.

One thing I have been wondering about...the volume control doesn't seem to do anything when using A2DP, which is no biggie since most devices have their own volume control. If I were to leave the volume all the way down at 0%, would the N800 use less battery, or does it matter?

Thanks for the quick reply...I hope you do change back, it worked much better before. I've been listening now for about an hour and a half, streaming over A2DP to a pair of BT speakers, and it hasn't skipped at all...but I do have Kagu minimized.
Yeah, that's what I've been doing too. Sorry for the hassle.

One thing I have been wondering about...the volume control doesn't seem to do anything when using A2DP, which is no biggie since most devices have their own volume control. If I were to leave the volume all the way down at 0%, would the N800 use less battery, or does it matter?
No, I don't think it matters. I don't think there is any way to change the A2DP volume from the n800. Could be wrong though. It would be a bluez/bluetooth-alsa/a2dpd thing.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing too. Sorry for the hassle.
Now here is something interesting...when I was getting the skipping problem earlier, I had three entire albums queued in the playlist, and my N800 was charging. Now I have just one album playing, and the N800 is fully charged...no skipping!

I have Kagu open with the playlist showing, and it is working fine now...so it's either the charging or the multiple albums causing the skipping...hope that helps...

No, I don't think it matters. I don't think there is any way to change the A2DP volume from the n800. Could be wrong though. It would be a bluez/bluetooth-alsa/a2dpd thing.
On my WinMo devices, I can control the volume from the system volume control slider and on the BT device itself. Plus, if Windows Media is playing, that's a third volume control to have to mess with.

I'll keep an eye on battery usage and see if it helps at all and post here with any good news...