Notices

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by lmiked View Post
oh! Bur that's where you're wrong my friend... I also used same number in different phones (N8 and N9), but in case you don't know, wazapp identifies itself to the whatsapp servers as a symbian whatsapp client, therefore making whatsapp servers believe you're using a symbyan phone, thats why you had no problems so far with changing you're number between you're N95 and N9, cause as far as whatsapp is concerned, you're using symbian all the time.
as for me, as I said before, my wazapp was working perfectly, but in a matter of minutes, it went from perfect to fail-too-many, all it took was booting up nitdroid, registering whatsapp in nitroid and thinking "it works", then shutting down, booting MeeGo, and BAAMM, wazapp not working, re-register and FAIL-TOO-MANY. This was in a matter of like 5 minutes.
in my case, the number was the same, and so was the IMEI, the only different thing was the OS, and obviously the whatsapp client used to login, maybe then whatsapp associated my number with an android whatsapp client... And when I went back to wazapp (that identifies itself as a symbian client) maybe it blocked me maybe "thinking" that someone had stolen my sim card or something like that.
i have to disagree on that ! , i used it on N9 and then switched to 808 pureview (as we all know: symbian belle) and after switching back to my n9 i got the too many error

ok. Maybe you're right... But then how do you explain what happened to me, I used the same phone (N9) but different OS... But still same IMEI, so only thing that was different in my case was the whatsapp app version and platform used to access my account. And still, when I went back to wazapp, despite having already registered and used wazapp normally previously, it failed to log me in continuously ans told me to remove my account from the accounts menu and re-register... Only to fail-too-many constantly from there on after.
Im not entirely sure that nitdroid actually has the real IMEI/IMSI number.

Also if it does, you are registering the same number using two different platforms! That is not possible for most smartphones so it is obviously gonna confuse WhatsApp servers..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by adio_89 View Post
i have to disagree on that ! , i used it on N9 and then switched to 808 pureview (as we all know: symbian belle) and after switching back to my n9 i got the too many error
You're right, but now as you know is now called Nokia Belle, I don't know how it identifies itself though... Also like godofwar424 mentioned, there is the diffrent IMEI's thing.
I just think wazapp registration overall is really stupid!! We should be aable to enter a email along with the number at the 1st time registratio, so that then you could just get the code by email to reactivate the account everytime you login in a different phone or you format your phone and need to login all over again. They should've thought of that instead of just blocking your account without knowing whats going on.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
You're right, but now as you know is now called Nokia Belle, I don't know how it identifies itself though... Also like godofwar424 mentioned, there is the diffrent IMEI's thing.
I just think wazapp registration overall is really stupid!! We should be aable to enter a email along with the number at the 1st time registratio, so that then you could just get the code by email to reactivate the account everytime you login in a different phone or you format your phone and need to login all over again. They should've thought of that instead of just blocking your account without knowing whats going on.
yeah that would be great because i allready erased the sms with the code ~.~ and yeah i know its now "Nokia belle" but to me it will always be symbian ^^ just as the "nokia store" will always be the "ovi store" xD habits never change ^^

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Im not entirely sure that nitdroid actually has the real IMEI/IMSI number.

Also if it does, you are registering the same number using two different platforms! That is not possible for most smartphones so it is obviously gonna confuse WhatsApp servers..
I'm not sure either about nitroid using the real IMEI but I believe it does. I'll check it and will confirm.

I completely agree with you on the different OS though.

well, just checked it and yes, nitroid shows the exact same original IMEI of the phone, just like MeeGo.

cheers

Last edited by lmiked; 2012-07-20 at 18:47.

Anyone having 'Connecting...' issues today? Wanted to see if this was a server issue or a device issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemomd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Anyone having 'Connecting...' issues today? Wanted to see if this was a server issue or a device issue.
No issues over here in the UK.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

By the way, I want to let EVERYONE know that, since I haven't been able to register wazapp due to the fail-too-many for over the last 3 days, I booted nitroid, then logged in to whatsapp, deleted my account, and waited for over 48 hours... Today I installed wazapp again and register still failed with fail-too-many, so I guess the only way to overcome this problem is apparentely to email the whatsapp staff and ask them to unblock your account. Some people also said that you can try waiting till the end of the month, though, I think it's better to take a few minutes and write an email to the staff than waiting 11 days till the end of the month without being sure.
cheers.

Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
I Was having intermittent connection issues today. I'm in USA.

@Imkied
I had also the "fail-too-many" issue, but after a full reflash it does work!

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp