Active Topics

I have wierd problem with applcation manager, for some reason the first (application name) colum in application manager has been resized to show only first three characters. I cant ficure out what caused this and I cant find a way to resize it back so I could read app names. Can someone help me with this?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I can't help you with it, but I can tell you it's not uncommon. For me, it fixed itself (in fact, twice), I have no idea why. At least if you want to see what something is, you can select it and then click on the info icon at the bottom and get its name.

If someone else does know how to fix this, I'd love to see the answer, too.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I just notice that when I chance in to Red Pill mode and back to Blue pill mode application names can be seen fully for about one second or so and then the colum is minimized again, wierd

It's because some of the file names red pill mode reveals are ridculously long. It's pretty annoying.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
According to one guy, it's fixed in the application manager svn. I plan on building a copy from there (if i know how : p) . Not really nice to share a copy though as it hasn't been released as a deb.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Not really nice to share a copy though as it hasn't been released as a deb.
It's in svn, share away.

As I said here yesterday, either wait for Diablo (to be released "Q2 2008") or compile the svn/wait for somebody to put up a .deb.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
thanks for your replies, it seems that problem is also with extreme long version numbers. Anonying that you cant resize colums or even remove them if you want.
Well as I have no idea how to fix it with SVN I try to live with it till Diablo is released

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Instead of using heading "all", go to each sub section, it will show the full filename of all programs.

__________________________________________________ _______
Dont know any solution for installed programs, but there is a get around for the others. Say, for example, under "red pill" mode, for the Browse installable apps, under heading "all", it shows an icon and 3 and a quarter letters. Not much of a help, eh? However, if you go beyond heading "all" and choose each of the sub section, you can see more characters, i.e. a broader column. It works the same for "blue pill" although the situation is less critical, i.e, section "all" gives a small column, all else give a broader column.

Finally, there is always the blue icon "i", stands for information. For any program that you want to see the whole title, especially in "red pill" mode, you can always either click on the blue icon "i" or click on the program and then "Details", it will then spell out the whole title of the program. However, this way shows one program at a time only. Hope it helps, or as GA suggests, one can always wait for the Diablo.

bun

__________________________________________________ __________

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-12 at 22:05.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
It's in svn, share away.

As I said here yesterday, either wait for Diablo (to be released "Q2 2008") or compile the svn/wait for somebody to put up a .deb.
I could only compile an older svm but newer than now. I won't share because it's buggy as ****.

What I will do is put up screenshots before I downgrade my installed version to the old one.

The blinking update notifer. notice that app man isn't running.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-13 at 18:50.