I was in the middle of using the web browser and it just mysteriously turned itself off. Now its in a boot loop the Jolla logo cones up and disappears constantly. What can I do? Thanks

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Try to take the battery off. Usually it helps.

soon as i put battery in it goes straight back into the same loop

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Try to remove the SIM and boot up. It could be cell-tower related.

That didn't make any difference. Anything else i can do?

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Recovery mode

If a factory reset cannot be performed or if the device has booting issues,
  • Unplug USB cable and turn off device
  • Press volume down and power on the device
  • Plug in USB cable and using USB networking telnet to 192.168.2.15 or 10.42.66.66 and follow the instructions

(source)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
I wasn't able to power the phone off in order to follow that process but now the battery has ran flat I can get into fastboot mode by plugging it in and holding the volume down button until it comes on. I've then tried to telnet to those IP addresses but it finds nothing. It's the first time I've tried to telnet to a USB device. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks!

googled it a bit more and it dont look like you can use a Windows laptop. Seems like this phone will have to go back

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
googled it a bit more and it dont look like you can use a Windows laptop. Seems like this phone will have to go back
"Windows laptop". What is that?
You mean something with windows installed on it?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You can install ubuntu on vmware or virtualbox on Windows, and then ifconfig eth2 192.168.2.14 and telnet from there. Just tested it on Windows 8 and was able to telnet into rescue mode just fine.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: