Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Meanwhile on the server front.... 3 years coming up soon:
maybe my n9 will get there some day :-P
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
I'm back at 8 days uptime again.

I almost made 124 days, but I installed MeeFox, visited http://html5test.com/, took a screenshot of the score with ShotMee, tried to email it to a friend and my N9 locked up completely and I had to hold the power button in until it switched off.

The only new trick I learned this time was how to get the Accuweather widget to start updating again after being in Flight Mode, from this thread:
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/msyncd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I still don't get it how you do it guys. I have to reboot everyday, sometimes even more frequent, because my n9 stops receiving smses.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I still don't get it how you do it guys. I have to reboot everyday, sometimes even more frequent, because my n9 stops receiving smses.
I have to say I've never run across that problem. You must have some misaligned tweak in place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I have a strange problem, I am hoping someone can help. Some of my apps can't access internet anymore! My phone is connected to 3G and I am online on my IM accounts, but neither my browser not my weather app access internet. They just sit there with a "loading" squircle doing nothing. My 3G icon never goes blue, so I know they're not accessing data. Store app doesn't load either... basically, none of the apps are able to access internet except my IM accounts!

I'd really appreciate any help... thanks in advance

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
basically, none of the apps are able to access internet except my IM accounts!
Usually when some applications can get network access and some don't, the problem is your DNS.

Try to ping some FQDN and it's numeric IP address. If resolving is the problem then the first one fails and second succeeds

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
I have a strange problem, I am hoping someone can help. Some of my apps can't access internet anymore! My phone is connected to 3G and I am online on my IM accounts, but neither my browser not my weather app access internet. They just sit there with a "loading" squircle doing nothing. My 3G icon never goes blue, so I know they're not accessing data. Store app doesn't load either... basically, none of the apps are able to access internet except my IM accounts!

I'd really appreciate any help... thanks in advance
You should search...

Try flymode on off and theres command that does same but faster, but I cant remember it now.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
You should search...
and theres command that does same but faster,
Yes, really not so hard to find:
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Yes, really not so hard to find:
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2
Thanks a lot! I tried searching but had trouble, I guess I wasn't using the right keywords

I found the post with multiple fixes and bookmarked it... thanks again.

I ran into another problem

My wifi stopped working all of a sudden! I restarted icd2 earlier today when my apps couldn't connect to internet. Everything seemed okay (I was connected to 3G). Once I got home, I expected my phone to switch to wifi but it didn't.

What's strange is it doesn't even detect any wifi networks...! When I try to connect to my home wifi manually by going to "Edit Networks", it says "Can't connect to internet".

I searched a lot but couldn't find anything that solved the issue. I tried restarting icd2 again. I also tried restarting wlanmod (/sbin/inictl restart xsession/wlanmod). That didn't help...

Can anyone help please?