Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
Thanks for that but not much joy. There's only one relevant device in the list called sailfish. I installed this driver foe that device anyway but still couldn't Telnet to the phone. Perhaps its something to do with my network settings?
You need to install CDC OBEX Data, SYNCML-SYNC and PC Suite Services! (leave out MTP)
(Use PC Connection Mode when pluging in your Jolla.)

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  18.6 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  20.6 KB

Disconnect and now use "Developer mode" when connecting.

Then use PuTTY and connect over SSH (port: 22) as user nemo.

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Based on what nieldk said, I installed the appropriate driver following these instructions.

Then, using PuTTY, I was able to Telnet the Jolla, on my laptop BTW.

This is for Windows, of course.
Driver refuses to install
Attached Images

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
You need to install CDC OBEX Data, SYNCML-SYNC and PC Suite Services! (leave out MTP)
(Use PC Connection Mode when pluging in your Jolla.)

Attachment 34488

Attachment 34485

Attachment 34487

Disconnect and now use "Developer mode" when connecting.

Then use PuTTY and connect over SSH (port: 22) as user nemo.

Regards,

J4ZZ
I don't get all of those devices in my list. Remember my phone is bricked so I can't choose PC connection mode. Fastboot mode is all I can get to.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dirtymoon View Post
I don't get all of those devices in my list. Remember my phone is bricked so I can't choose PC connection mode. Fastboot mode is all I can get to.
What version of Windows are you using ?
Perhaps the RNDIS driver problem is related to this MS hotfix?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959765

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
What version of Windows are you using ?
Perhaps the RNDIS driver problem is related to this MS hotfix?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959765
Thanks for all your help guys. I would have given up 2 days ago if it wasn't for the fact that Jolla Care hasn't got back to me yet. I don't think that Hotfix is for me as I'm using Windows 7

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
I don't know how or if the recovery mode is different than the normal development-mode, but I got little problems SSH'ing to Jolla on Windows 7. Besides selecting development as USB mode on Jolla, I had to configure the new network device's IP-address to 192.168.1.16 on Windows. There's a post on that somewhere here too, but basically it's just in the device properties of the (virtual) network interface, where you'd expect it.
After that, Jolla was available at its IP 192.168.1.15. So, it seems it is possible to use Windows, without other or external drivers.

Also, you might try using a Linux Live CD (or USB stick), and avoid messing with a VM.

A VM environment is quite nice to have. And my attempts at bootable USB sticks have historically been way more messy/hands on than just installing a VM.