hi, i droped my life *(n900) right on to the floor, the lcd facing the floor. i picked it up, put the battery back, along with the cover, since it all came apart, then i tried turning it on, well, i did, but... no display on n900, just blank, no light, nothing.

the lcd is not cracked or smashed, but is just "dead" in terms not display of any sort, i can manage to disassemble it my self, but i wont know what went wrong, like broken wire cable ? or simple just every thing inside like the emmc is all gone ? cause my profile was on silent, and since then im not sure even if my phone is actually working since i hear no sound, all i can see visually it the blue led for start up and thats it,

please if some one can suggest me what i could do, so if i do open this phone up, what shal i replace or look for !

thanks !

if you have the warranty just do it that way. dont void the warranty by trying to fix it yourself. on the other hand if you dont have the warranty, look for a tutorial on replacing the LCD screen and maybe then compare the tutorials pictures with what yours looks like, maybe the connector from the screen to the motherboard came undone, or whatever... idk what the insides look like.

goodluck

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Perhaps you can open xterminal from kb shortcut, and send a signal to dbus to enable "general" profile...but I don't know if such signal exists.

EDIT: you can do this only to understand if you only lose the lcd or something else

Donate link

um, what is kb short cut ? and please remember i cant see anything...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Something to try:
Shine a bright light at an angle on the face of the N900. If you see a reflected/dim image of the desktop then it's your backlight that's out. If you see no image at all, then it's the LCD.

If it's just the backlight, it's probably a smashed bulb... may be hard to replace. If it's completely off, it may be the connector under the LCD that plugs into the board has jiggled free. If so, you may be luck enough that opening it enough to get to that and re-inserting it may just fix it.

If you have a warranty, have them fix it. If not, there are online videos of how to disassemble and reassemble the N900. One of the more popular ones points out the cable I'm talking about explicitly, as it's a flex cable with a pop-in header. Good luck!

You can buy a replacement lcd here:
http://www.mobile-phone-lcd.com/noki...db4rlnicv1fpf3

Plug the phone into a TV out. Make sure the unit works at all. No sense buying a replacement LCD if that isn't the problem.

hey thanks people, but im currently in canada/fredericton, there isnt any nokia care, its -37c ..

i dont have the tv out cable cause thats the first thing i would have done, checked if the phone is actually working, since its already put to silent.. so i have to clue whats up with it...

i can only make a reuest, if any of u an try this for me,
put ur phone to silent, turn of the vibration.... SWITCH THE PHONE of..

turn it on... and please see if it vibrates... (cause as far as i recal... it does)...

and mine is not... im not sure if its cause i put it on silent, and turned the vibration of, ... so... i jsut want to check... incase ur phone still vibrates in silent profile with vibration of, then it probably means my phone is far from being fixed with some lcd cabple problem...

i really feel like crying and screaming.. cause im a student at univ, and it took me a fortune to buy this.... and its not in warrenty since i overclocked it.....

please try to answer my question about the start up vibration under the conditions i have mentiond... thanks any ways !

Yes, the phone does one tiny vibration when it boot, whatever your profile is, not very strong, but you feel it when you have it in the hand.
And I'm sorry for you dude.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
and its not in warrenty since i overclocked it....
Uhm... I'm pretty sure that's not true. While they may reject it had you overclocked it and then burnt it out by overriding thermal shutdown protections, I don't think just overclocking totally invalidates the entire warranty. This is not overclocking related (unless the reason you dropped it was because it was blazing hot because you overclocked it....)

Besides, good odds it's busted enough that even if they wanted to, showing that it was ever overclocked would be tough. And I'm quite sure the warranty doesn't even mention overclocking, so legally...

If it's still under warranty terms (time wise), send it in. Worst case they say it's not covered and send it back, not much to lose.