Notices

Could somebody help out: I am getting a message indicating:
"Pianobar Output: Protocol incompatible. Please upgrade libpiano."

Thank you.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...978#post617978

Fix is in extras-devel. Still waiting on repository problems before I can push to testing.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

FatalSaint,

Thanks. I uninstalled and then re-installed from the extras-testing repository, not from extras-development -- so I guess I basically uninstalled and reinstalled the same thing. Well, I'll look forward to when your fix is moved up to extras-testing. Thank you for all of your work on this. It is much appreciated. It would be nice if Pandora would stop tinkering with the coding.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...978#post617978

Fix is in extras-devel. Still waiting on repository problems before I can push to testing.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Yeah so just an update everything is good and back to the way things were.

The only future changes I can see are possible UI stuff. Some welcomed additions would be making the title bar scroll through the title of the song and artist or maybe even moving the track name and artist to the window instead of the title bar may be useful. Also, the controls also get shoved together if the album title is too long(and when they add radio single and explicit to it, the album titles get long), so possibly making that only show a set number of characters and then scrolling the rest of the characters would be cool. Like Rapparee said, the Created Stations list is kind of sloppy when it comes to selecting and scrolling through them. Its usable, it just could be better.

Really anything left to say about the App is really minuscule things because the foundation and required things are taken care of. I'm certainly satisfied(although I really wish Nokia could knock out the audio skip whenever you lock the phone).

Ok well,

Not sure what to do here. Evidently Pandora updated their API, again, so none of the pianobar's are going to work until I can re-compile one of the newer pianobar's and release that.

The other issue is the newer pianobars don't have Last FM scrobbling built in anymore, it's all through a third party wrapper which I don't know how to use yet or if it's even available on the N900. So this will require testing and some work before I can get something new submitted.

Problem I have now is.. how do I remove the app from Extras since it is now broke? And what's really frustrating is that it took this long to get the app *in* to extras that now I have to start all over and by the time I get it back there it'll probably be time to upgrade again (seems to happen near quarterly-ish).

Frustrating.
What link should N8X0 users re-download and re-install???

FYI -- just installed for the first time a few days ago and am loving Pandora on my N800.

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
The only future changes I can see are possible UI stuff. Some welcomed additions would be making the title bar scroll through the title of the song and artist or maybe even moving the track name and artist to the window instead of the title bar may be useful. Also, the controls also get shoved together if the album title is too long(and when they add radio single and explicit to it, the album titles get long), so possibly making that only show a set number of characters and then scrolling the rest of the characters would be cool. Like Rapparee said, the Created Stations list is kind of sloppy when it comes to selecting and scrolling through them. Its usable, it just could be better.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Created Stations"... you just mean the station combobox to change your stations? That's just a normal QT combobox with minimal changes on my part - so most of the formatting and everything is actually be done by whatever defaults the PyQT and N900 QT libraries are setup to use. I'm not sure what all I can "change" on that..

Your other suggestions are good ideas.. and I think I have looked at scrolling the title and I just couldn't quite figure out how. Don't know how much time i spent doing it though as I sort of wanted an app out there first and then these kinds of tweaks can come over time.

Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
What link should N8X0 users re-download and re-install???
I actually haven't fixed the N8x0 situation yet. I guess now that I'm getting asked for it I will... the N8x0 was somewhat a bandaid solution because the required dependencies aren't in the official repositories.

I'll try and recompile pianobar tonight.

Still having the repository problem, I'm tempted to just re-upload a new version number just to get the repository to accept it and force it to "rebuild" but Im worried as to why it says "build failed" at all when it clearly didn't and is working fine. I was hoping to be in testing by now so people could be voting.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
I'm not sure what you mean by "Created Stations"... you just mean the station combobox to change your stations? That's just a normal QT combobox with minimal changes on my part - so most of the formatting and everything is actually be done by whatever defaults the PyQT and N900 QT libraries are setup to use. I'm not sure what all I can "change" on that..

Your other suggestions are good ideas.. and I think I have looked at scrolling the title and I just couldn't quite figure out how. Don't know how much time i spent doing it though as I sort of wanted an app out there first and then these kinds of tweaks can come over time.
I guess that its called a combobox, but yeah the box that pops up to change your stations. Its touchy. When you scroll, it usually over scrolls the items in the list(like an iPhone does in Safari) and when it wipes back up, it lags fairly slowly. I'll try to take a quick video of it(tonight because I'm at work) to show you what I mean.

I've experienced the same problem with scrolling. It really requires some attention and focus to get my stylus to hit the correct station I want to play. The scrolling is uneven and a bit of frustrating. A number of times, I've hit a station other than the one I wanted to listen to at the time.

By the way, several people have indicate the limit of only being able to skip about six songs. I've gotten around this by sometimes temporarily switching stations, then going back to the original station where I can then skip through another six songs if wanted.

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
I guess that its called a combobox, but yeah the box that pops up to change your stations. Its touchy. When you scroll, it usually over scrolls the items in the list(like an iPhone does in Safari) and when it wipes back up, it lags fairly slowly. I'll try to take a quick video of it(tonight because I'm at work) to show you what I mean.

Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
By the way, several people have indicate the limit of only being able to skip about six songs. I've gotten around this by sometimes temporarily switching stations, then going back to the original station where I can then skip through another six songs if wanted.
I do this on my Android with the official app - I didn't think pianobar suffered from this... I swear I've skipped more than six in pianobar before..

Are you having this problem on the N900? That would be a shame. It's so annoying.

As for the scrolling.. I don't think that's anything I do. I'll research it but I don't set any settings regarding scrolling or kinetic/physics of it. I assume this same scrolling issue is not present on other QT-based apps that have a combobox?

The new update is working great for me.

I love how you incorporated the auto load last station feature.

I sent you a donation, get a six pack of good beer on me.

The Following User Says Thank You to zappa For This Useful Post: