Originally Posted by meatbiscuit View Post
I can't send PMs, even though I've had this account for almost 8 years...,
This is probably because you have only made 4 posts. Be more chatty, and you will probably be able to PM soon My guess is that you need something like 5 or 10 posts to PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
They don't? Seriously, This perfect way to control what people run on their device.

So pissed that I bought a sony phone now. I should have keep't my FP2!

Not even Nokia with the N9 mess was that stupid as Sony is now.

This really is needed to succed NOW:

https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

So sick and tired of Android domination and locked in hell.

If jolla don't port sailfish to librem I don't care it is up to them but if they are smart they do.

For me Sony is over.
I also can't understand, what problem you have with flashing the Phone with Emma?

Whats exact is the problem?
Are you afraid, that flashing with Emma, some "spy" stuff may come on your Xperia X?

Well if so, you can't use any OS at all.. Are you know what exact is inside the binary blobs, even flashed under Linux and Fastboot?

By the way, all Qualcomm Devices has this binary blobs, also FP2.

So i see no problem here...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Seems that Jolla is updating their page for the announce, in the main page you can find two links, one for shopping and the other for Xperia X, but both of them didn't working until now

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Seems that Jolla is updating their page for the announce, in the main page you can find two links, one for shopping and the other for Xperia X, but both of them didn't working until now
Right, there now is a "Use Voucher" link in the top element pointing to shop.jolla.com, which is currently password protected. And the "Read More" link points to https://jolla.com/sailfishx which currently resluts in a 404.
Let's wait and see with what Jolla is coming up.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by explit View Post
I also can't understand, what problem you have with flashing the Phone with Emma?

Whats exact is the problem?
Are you afraid, that flashing with Emma, some "spy" stuff may come on your Xperia X?

Well if so, you can't use any OS at all.. Are you know what exact is inside the binary blobs, even flashed under Linux and Fastboot?

By the way, all Qualcomm Devices has this binary blobs, also FP2.

So i see no problem here...
well i'd say it is more like problem of the principle with @mikecomputing... you should not need windoze for anything.

It is the same feeling with me, coupled with annoyance that I have to download an otherwice unuseful VM image and then learn to use windows. It has been almost two decades since I needed to use one and it must have changed during that time...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
well i'd say it is more like problem of the principle with @mikecomputing... you should not need windoze for anything.

It is the same feeling with me, coupled with annoyance that I have to download an otherwice unuseful VM image and then learn to use windows. It has been almost two decades since I needed to use one and it must have changed during that time...
I totally understand you and see the image problem in having to use proprietary software (windows and Emma) to be able to install an open system like SFOS.
However, as now has been pointed out multiple times: It is still possible to flash the images under Linux and skip Emma. Jolla simply is not allowed by Sony and its licenses to officially support this method. While this sucks and it would be great if Jolla could support flashing under every OS, it is definitely much harder (if not even impossible) to find another hardware partner to run SFOS at this point.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
The page has been updated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
As of October 4, 2017 only Jolla Tablet refund voucher customers can use the sales site. The wider sales opening will happen at the same time with the software delivery start.
Source: https://jolla.com/sailfishx/

Oh, Jolla...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
No open sale at the moment(!), only for those with a tablet refund voucher. The sale for the rest of us will begin at the same time as the software delivery starts (target on October 11).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
Source: https://jolla.com/sailfishx/

Oh, Jolla...
Hahahaha, I can't believe... So... Well... It's like the changed their plans in the last minute to only let a few the opportunity to buy the image, and the rest of us waiting until 11th October... Well... Patient... So ****ing more patient

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x