Today I find that OS2008 For N800 can be downloaded form
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/ The size is about 135Mb:

RX-34_2008SE_1.2007.44-4_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

MD5:900353C77FC7357A8A6A40B0B9483C2C

I'm downloading it and try,I am worrying about the SCIM,I need to input Chinese with SCIM.I'll install SCIM to try .

Last edited by cyberboy; 2007-11-26 at 14:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyberboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
wooo hooo!
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

woooo hooo indeed... will the windoze installer work?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
a) It's a beta, not the final which is still scheduled for December.
b) Already posted.

It's a beta.I tried it and found some problem.
The Browser and the Application manager often shut down automaticly,many programs can't be installed.
I can't input Chinese .

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm in the 2008 club!

Those of you with photographic memories will recall that I was complaining about having a hard time flashing in Linux.

True, and after more than 30 tries, I gave up.

Today I decided to try it in Windows, just to see what happened. I ran the Nokia flash software (probably an old version) and got set up to flash almost immediately. Yes, I could see the usb icon! Unlike in Linux, where the usb icon always disappeared quickly, too quickly to use.

There I was looking at my N800, and I decided not to waste the opportunity. I went to my Linux computer and sent the RX-whatever file to my Windows computer and told the software to install it. And it did!

No problem, in contrast to the Linux problem -- and I love and prefer Linux.

2008 looks great! So far...

Originally Posted by cyberboy View Post
It's a beta.I tried it and found some problem.
The Browser and the Application manager often shut down automaticly,many programs can't be installed.
I can't input Chinese .
I think its "results may vary" thing. I haven't had any problems with the browser at all. The app manager crashed once installing pidgin but pidgin works.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I'm in the 2008 club!

Those of you with photographic memories will recall that I was complaining about having a hard time flashing in Linux.

True, and after more than 30 tries, I gave up.

Today I decided to try it in Windows, just to see what happened. I ran the Nokia flash software (probably an old version) and got set up to flash almost immediately. Yes, I could see the usb icon! Unlike in Linux, where the usb icon always disappeared quickly, too quickly to use.

There I was looking at my N800, and I decided not to waste the opportunity. I went to my Linux computer and sent the RX-whatever file to my Windows computer and told the software to install it. And it did!

No problem, in contrast to the Linux problem -- and I love and prefer Linux.

2008 looks great! So far...
You probably weren't attempting to flash as root... or weren't holding down the Home button like you're supposed to.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
You probably weren't attempting to flash as root... or weren't holding down the Home button like you're supposed to.
I used to have the home button problem (Or the not thinking problem as I like to call it). Stupidly for about 6 months I didn't read the instructions properly and spent my time cursing the fact that the usb icon wouldn't stay on. Oddly enough sometimes it did.

Got it this morning.. I don't know if it's wishful thinking, but my n800 seems faster, snappier. WE'll have to wait and see... but I like it so far... SIP stack connects to my asterisk PBX SIP no sweat, and the browser works on a number of sites that previously did not... We should open a n800 with OS2008 forum...